Making your eyes point in the direction of your head tilt ?

BlakeStrong9786

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all.  I am finding my eyes are always pointing forward even when an AO tilts my head down, making my eyes look like they are rolling up into the back of my head! 
See attached.
I have Ikon eyes (which are great!) , and it comes with a hud that can set the eye direction in a fixed pose, but not in general animation.
I have an Actanon Bento head.
Any help is greatly appreciated

eyes.png

16 minutes ago, BlakeStrong9786 said:

Is there a button on the head hud for the eyes?  Mine has one to stop eye movement.  I'm not familiar with your brand but you should look there too

ETA:  Also,  if you're using Firestorm, there is an option in preferences to stop random eye movement.  

eye movement.png

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Is there a button on the head hud for the eyes?  Mine has one to stop eye movement.  I'm not familiar with your brand but you should look there too

ETA:  Also,  if you're using Firestorm, there is an option in preferences to stop random eye movement.  

eye movement.png

Yes I'm using Firestorm.  Fantastic!  That worked, thanks heaps.  That said, I'll see if I can get a hud that gives blinking with limited eye movements so I don't look stoned and staring off into space :)
  I'm afraid this bento head is very basic in its functionality and has no anim options. 
Thanks again!

Edited by BlakeStrong9786
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlakeStrong9786 said:

I'm afraid this bento head is very basic in its functionality and has no anim options. 
Thanks again!

As long as it's bento (responds to shape sliders) you can use third-party animations for it. Vista has a face AO that's reasonably good, although it's made with Vista's own heads in mind, it works on others too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

As long as it's bento (responds to shape sliders) you can use third-party animations for it. Vista has a face AO that's reasonably good, although it's made with Vista's own heads in mind, it works on others too.

I use vista for my lelutka.  I prefer it over the built in ones.

• Like 1

I am not clear on WHEN you want to control your eyes. If just for taking images then there are some HUDs that allow you to position your eyes and lock them in place. I use AnyPose Expression. It was made for classic facial expressions but it still works for eye control. It only works while worn. You cannot set an eye position and take it off. The eyes will revert to their normal behavior.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.