The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

41 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

You may already know this, but as others may not, it is worth mentioning.  Often when a modifiable item won't shrink, it is due to a member of the linkset being at the minimum size.  Most often, it is the shadow object already being at minimum thickness.  If you edit just the linked shadow object, and make it thicker, you can usually then shrink the entire linkset.  

Will give that a try - thanks!

6 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Will give that a try - thanks!

I seem to remember that a resizer script also work on items that are mod, but refuse to shrink.

And without you having to manually searching for the smallest one in a linkset. It is some free resizer scripts on the marketplace. I have used this one in almost 10 years: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Linkset-Resizer-With-Menu/2958190

It is free, so give it a try?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 5/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, Marianne Little said:

I seem to remember that a resizer script also work on items that are mod, but refuse to shrink.

And without you having to manually searching for the smallest one in a linkset. It is some free resizer scripts on the marketplace. I have used this one in almost 10 years: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Linkset-Resizer-With-Menu/2958190

It is free, so give it a try?

Worked well, thanks! Was able to size it down by 10%, and shave 1 LI off the total.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5

On 5/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

You may already know this, but as others may not, it is worth mentioning.  Often when a modifiable item won't shrink, it is due to a member of the linkset being at the minimum size.  Most often, it is the shadow object already being at minimum thickness.  If you edit just the linked shadow object, and make it thicker, you can usually then shrink the entire linkset.  

Unfortunately, didn't work in this case as there was no shadow object to select, but the resizer script that Marianne suggested worked well.

• Like 3

I'm happy to see this previous gacha from Kraftwork on sale. It is one of the foodstuff gachas I admired, but thought would cost me too much to play for a complete set. I was sure I would get ten of the common stuff before I got one rare.

5 parts for 75 L each. I think I go for the fatpack and save 75 L.

KraftWork Foodie Love for The Saturday Sale

And more kitchen clutter from Kraftwork. Looks very stylish and contemporary, I can see them used in many different kitchens. 60 L per color or 135 for the fatpack.

KraftWork Knives & Cans for 60L Happy Weekend

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KraftWork/246/149/21

I have not teleported in to see if they are set up in the store. Technically the weekend sales have not started yet. But I have an idea that some stores start a bit early.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm happy to see this previous gacha from Kraftwork on sale. It is one of the foodstuff gachas I admired, but thought would cost me too much to play for a complete set. I was sure I would get ten of the common stuff before I got one rare.

5 parts for 75 L each. I think I go for the fatpack and save 75 L.

KraftWork Foodie Love for The Saturday Sale

And more kitchen clutter from Kraftwork. Looks very stylish and contemporary, I can see them used in many different kitchens. 60 L per color or 135 for the fatpack.

KraftWork Knives & Cans for 60L Happy Weekend

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KraftWork/246/149/21

I have not teleported in to see if they are set up in the store. Technically the weekend sales have not started yet. But I have an idea that some stores start a bit early.

They are set up in the store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

They are set up in the store.

I have to admit that I like stores that set up a bit early and let the vendor stay over the time. I can only shop Monday, my time zone, many of the weekends. Technically it is over 9 AM Monday for me, hehe... but I can shop until the afternoon, at least.

• Like 3

Some Asian items from this weekend:

Percent, from Blanc event. Cabinet and credenza, four designs available for each item,  $L200 each

slpix_004_254.thumb.png.1e69fd847ca1ada587edbe0b7707a0e7.png

Very low LI (7) Japanese platform bed from Newchurchslpix_004_255.thumb.png.a54fbc37c9e5199f68164e2d76a839cd.png for SL Home Decor Weekend.

Tea House and decor collection for Happy Weekend from Merak

slpix_004_258.thumb.png.6471847ea1502a0b7117e17145a0a335.png

Jane and Finch is supposed to have an Asian style Tea Set available for home decor weekend, haven't found it yet, they appear to be moving into a new location.

• Like 10

New group gift at Cosmo (free group) by Kaerri (well the Kaerri brand anyway :D),   10 land impact. Very pretty but NO MOD.  There is an odd shadow prim that isn't working correctly but you can just put the planter into the ground a bit.    

I am there to show scale  LOL but I DO MATCH.

image.thumb.png.8c5614f973a904914995dd657b3fb483.png

• Like 7

image.thumb.png.a1e7ebeaf507e3e0da3243084dc57b6f.png

Insurrection at the Arcade - 11 land impact and very good LOD.  This comes with on off twinkle lights but I turned them invisible as they wouldn't work with where I am putting this.  Really nicely done.  

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Esther Bunny said:

Free @ Apple Fall Royal Vase Lamp - Apple Fall 2016

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Apple Fall/63/188/55

Snapshot_005.png

Apple Fall has some lovely free furniture and décor.  

Here's a tip that's especially useful at Apple Fall and PrimPerfect, but can actually be used anywhere. Pull up Area Search from the World menu. Open the filter tab and set the For Sale window to $L 0 to $L 1 (or $L 0 to $L 50 or whatever you think would be a great price). Open the Find tab and check the box in the lower right corner so blue crosshairs will show (in Firestorm). Now hide but don't close the Area Search window. 

This trick can find all kinds of free items. It doesn't work well in mesh clothing or skin stores however, because it doesn't filter out free demos. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Esther Bunny said:

Free @ Apple Fall Royal Vase Lamp - Apple Fall 2016

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Apple Fall/63/188/55

Snapshot_005.png

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee! I have wanted that lamp for literally years! It was standing on a table in the middle of the rooms where we teleported to house and skyboxes demos.

I saw it so many times. Tried to do area search for a vendor. I asked about it in the group many years ago, why could I not buy it? And heard it was in an event that was over.

• Like 3