The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Evolving Images - medium size furnishings store. A lot of it seems more Chinese than Japanese. Textures could stand to be upgraded/updated on a lot of these items. A light wood mesh kitchen in a u-shape that would work well in Asian houses, I think, for $L190. Not the best detail/texturing (especially the stove/oven). Refrigerator is priced seperately. One of the nicer things I saw was a couple of Crane figurines, textured to look like Pewter, at $L49each.

RH Design House - general home furnishings store. Some pretty floor cushions (Zabuton) for $L150 for 3 to 4 designs, so if you don't like what came with your Japanese Dining set, see what they've got here.

Monkey Boy (across the street from RH Design House) - Food, builds and decor. Not just Japanese, but other Asian items as well Animated Sky Lanterns for $L150 - that's the first time in a while I've seen them available.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2022 at 12:50 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

Some sale items at Artisan Fantasy that might suit a Fantasy home:  the scroll case is 2 LI and $25; the desk (including inkwell and paper) is 4 LI with a 2 LI chair - the set costs $25. (Correction from previous slip o' the finger that reported the cost as $425!)

AF.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

I think this article is a pretty good resource for what is distinctive about modern Japanese Interior Design: https://www.tripzilla.com/modern-japanese-interior-design/126974

I'll add a couple of things just based on my albeit limited research:

• Think of a cross between minimalist and Scandinavian
  • Light wood
  • More white, tan and light grey than black
  • Most items I've seen in my research avoid  mid-century style influence
  • Most items I've seen avoid a "heavy" look in terms of the furniture weight (IE, legs on coffee tables and chairs, etc.)
  • Also, most items avoided harsh angles
  • Circle-shaped shelves and cutouts in wall units
  • Along with the low dining tables, you'll see low coffee tables, low beds, low sofas, even low desks.

Some ideas (links to Marketplace for convenience, but most items available in-world. Also, links to PG but there are adult versions available for most items)

Kitchen: 

Living Room

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Dang! I just paid full price for those yesterday! I love them though so they were worth the price 🙂

Maybe you can talk to them, since it's been just one day. I've done it in RL when getting something the day before it was put on sale, and the stores have always reimbursed me the difference.

There's nothing to lose...

Merak has this 11 LI sofa on sale - PG $60 A $75. There are 2 other versions, one with brightly colored pillows and the other is all white. The shell pillows are sold separately for $60. Some decor items and a bed (but 28 LI!) are also on sale.

WARNING: I could see that this sofa was too big for my avatar, but assumed it could be resized down slightly, maybe even saving a LI or two - it cannot be resized!!!

merak.jpg

merak2.jpg

• Like 6

On 5/21/2022 at 12:41 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

Given that I have a collection of doll houses in my Vic, I just had to grab this cabinet from Serenity Style! It's 6 LI (the doors and drawers all open, but then close themselves) and $65. The 8 LI rack is also on sale (the clock is deco only) for $65 as well.

serenity1.jpg

Thanks for a direct link - I've seen a few bloggers use this and I kept forgetting to search for it. I had to pack up my dolls house wall / collection but it may one day find a new home. Has not stopped me collecting though!

• Like 3

Check out this from Zen Creations.

The listing on the Marketplace has land impact.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Japanese-Yorokobi-Bedroom-Adult-Color-Change-Sex-Bedroom-Adult-PG-versions-both-included/9239539

Japanese%20Yorokobi%20Bedroom.jpg?163640

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Japanese-Ocha-Color-Change-Tea-Table-Set/9753912

Japanese%20Ocha.jpg?1636939957

The store has many other things that can work with Sakura. Also some nice 1 L things. A bed, vanity, art, lamps...

One thing I like is that items like beds comes with both PG and Adult version. Consider that some items like beds only have resizer and HUD to change textures, while decor items are fully mod.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2022 at 9:54 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

The ad says they're modifiable, so are they shrinkable?

Sorry - I hadn't seen this for some reason. Re: The Nutmeg mint tea set: Yes, you can resize it and it's still available at the sale price (Mon 7:00am SLT) What you *can't* do is unlink and remove the contents from the tumblers, but you can make those contents transparent to use them as vases.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Sorry - I hadn't seen this for some reason. Re: The Nutmeg mint tea set: Yes, you can resize it and it's still available at the sale price (Mon 7:00am SLT) What you *can't* do is unlink and remove the contents from the tumblers, but you can make those contents transparent to use them as vases.

Select faces and make them transparent is a great idea for things. I bought this clothesline for drying beachwear. Something for all romantic/beach locations.

I can't edit off the "destroyed" fence parts to each side, but I can select their faces, turn them transparent and are left with only the poles and clothesline. It can be planted in a lawn then.

4 Li is not bad. It is not very big in the default size, but realistic.

dust bunny @ summerfest
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Merak has this 11 LI sofa on sale - PG $60 A $75. There are 2 other versions, one with brightly colored pillows and the other is all white. The shell pillows are sold separately for $60. Some decor items and a bed (but 28 LI!) are also on sale.

WARNING: I could see that this sofa was too big for my avatar, but assumed it could be resized down slightly, maybe even saving a LI or two - it cannot be resized!!!

merak.jpg

merak2.jpg

You may already know this, but as others may not, it is worth mentioning.  Often when a modifiable item won't shrink, it is due to a member of the linkset being at the minimum size.  Most often, it is the shadow object already being at minimum thickness.  If you edit just the linked shadow object, and make it thicker, you can usually then shrink the entire linkset.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9