The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks! I tried to find the item example inside the store to look at it but couldn't. I'd love to see the options if anyone has this and wouldn't mind posting a pic or two.

Hope you can see them ok in this photo. They also provide a full perm AO map so you can make and add your own pictures.tapestry.thumb.png.d54ccce5b1ec72ad12cceacf077b569b.png

Edited by Elyeah
to add info about AO map
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

The menu is for the light from the bulb under the lampshade. Click the base directly to turn the candle bulbs on/off. They're so bright that their outline is completely lost.  

Actually, they're not too bad from a medium distance - I'd been looking at them close up. 

mun3.JPG

mun4.JPG

I see what you mean now. I wish they didn't have the candles there. The lamp looks a bit strange with them unlit.

The light in them is only set low, it is not turned the way all up, and 2 m in dia. (Candle lights). The glow is as high as 1 and was it 0.5 or something lower, it would not be so much.

I never turn lamps off, so I may find the right light and delete the script. Then zoom in the glass to find the lights and play with glow and light strength on them. It is a bit work... The lamp itself is mod, it is only the script that is no mod.

I'm still glad I got it, it is a very original lamp and 2 Li is a good, low land impact. Muniick is usually keeping their Tuesday items up more than one day. I bet it's still on sale for 25 L.

11 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Trompe Superfans sale item for Tuesday, $50. 

trompe.JPG

Possible curtain tip... 

You can use 'select face' to alpha out the string, change the rod texture to a blank one, stick the AO map on the fabric and recolour it and use edit linked parts to resize the whole shebang to fit - which gives a decent floor length 'curtain' for 3li. It sort of floats very slightly in front of the wall but no one is going to notice that unless they're really looking! 

1800bd86c1566d7df3d6a05e71789a67.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I went to Nomad for the first time in a while to check out their FLF offer of an industrial bar set, and while it wasn't to my taste (barbed wire on the seats? I don't think so), I discovered their $25-$50 Thrift Room which is well worth a visit. Here are just a few of the pieces you'll find there. I think the Swedish dining set (table 4 LI, chairs 2 LI each, candelabra 2 LI) is a very good deal at $50. The 4 LI oil drum BBQ is available in several colors, $50 each. The Boho day bed is 9 LI and $50, and the futuristic aluminum chair (3 LI) and table (1 LI) set is $50, with the death-ray lamps (2 LI each) $50 for the pair. 

nomad0.JPG

nomad1.JPG

nomad2.JPG

nomad3.JPG

nomad4.JPG

nomad5.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I think the Swedish dining set (table 4 LI, chairs 2 LI each, candelabra 2 LI) is a very good deal at $50.

I love that set, so colorful!  Vilket vackert bord!

(maybe?  or did I just say 'Your chicken barfed"?)

1562971934_LostCavesDining_002contrast.thumb.jpg.9eb33fb83610020e7ad87c7f93b89b28.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3