The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

HEXtraordinary isn't doing itself any favors by not having display models for these ceramic Christmas trees - they're really lovely, especially if you place them on a light-colored surface, and only 1 LI each! You get all 3 versions (Frosted, Snowy, Green) for only $50. PS - I've also just discovered that they contain a re-size script, and even at max size (real tree size) they remain at 1 LI.

hex1.jpg

hex2.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

There are some items on sale at Bloom! that might not be available at these prices for much longer. The Christmas table is 7 LI with all the deco items linked (I don't know if you can unlink them easily or if they leave baked on shadows). The cost is only $30 for the green, grey or red version. But be sure to buy it from the Discount wall, or you'll be paying much more. The Christmas sofa is also 7 LI, available in green, grey or red, and costs $35. 

bloom1.JPG

bloom2.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Construct has 1 LI customizable 2022 calendars on sale for $69 and a customizable 1 LI string of polaroids for $29. Other similar items are also available. Their gift is this 16 LI ice rink and 1 LI ice rinks stairs. (You can even dance with Santa and his creepy-ass little friends, but they aren't supplied.)

construct.JPG

construct2.JPG

construct3.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 12/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

HEXtraordinary isn't doing itself any favors by not having display models for these ceramic Christmas trees - they're really lovely, especially if you place them on a light-colored surface, and only 1 LI each! You get all 3 versions (Frosted, Snowy, Green) for only $50. PS - I've also just discovered that they contain a re-size script, and even at max size (real tree size) they remain at 1 LI.

hex1.jpg

hex2.jpg

Disappointingly, I am not finding the same results with my Hex trees.  Using their sizing script, the "Max" sized tree was 8 LI and still pretty much table sized.   Using the plain old stretch tool, a room-sized tree was 30 LI.  🤔

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Disappointingly, I am not finding the same results with my Hex trees.  Using their sizing script, the "Max" sized tree was 8 LI and still pretty much table sized.   Using the plain old stretch tool, a room-sized tree was 30 LI.  🤔

Hmm, I don't understand that as I rezzed it in my house that only had 5 LI left to play with. Not that the tree looked like something I'd want to use at such a large size. I'm going to give it another try now...

Back again. I freed up some space and had another go. Yes, I also get 8 LI for the Max size using the resize script. I can't explain how I saw only 1 LI before, but the result is definitely larger than tabletop size, it's pretty much the same size as my avatar. (I don't think the ceramic detailing looks very good or makes much sense at this size.) I was able to manually stretch it quite a bit and retain the one LI. The first photo is the tree at the original size, then 2 photos showing it at the max size using the re-size script, then back to the original size, and the last shows it manually re-sized to the limit of 1 LI. (It hasn't been moved forward on the sideboard at all.)

Edit: 2 more images - max resized via script on the table (slightly below the table top to show that it is actually on the table and not in front of it) and original size on the table (ditto). if you're not seeing the same thing, try opening another copy of the box contents? 

treeoriginal.JPG

treemax1.JPG

treemax2.JPG

treerestored.JPG

treelimit1LI.JPG

maxtable.JPG

maxtable1.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmm, I don't understand that as I rezzed it in my house that only had 5 LI left to play with. Not that the tree looked like something I'd want to use at such a large size. I'm going to give it another try now...

Back again. I freed up some space and had another go. Yes, I also get 8 LI for the Max size using the resize script. I can't explain how I saw only 1 LI before, but the result is definitely larger than tabletop size, it's pretty much the same size as my avatar. (I don't think the ceramic detailing looks very good or makes much sense at this size.) I was able to manually stretch it quite a bit and retain the one LI. The first photo is the tree at the original size, then 2 photos showing it at the max size using the re-size script, then back to the original size, and the last shows it manually re-sized to the limit of 1 LI. (It hasn't been moved forward on the sideboard at all.)

Edit: 2 more images - max resized via script on the table (slightly below the table top to show that it is actually on the table and not in front of it) and original size on the table (ditto). if you're not seeing the same thing, try opening another copy of the box contents? 

treeoriginal.JPG

treemax1.JPG

treemax2.JPG

treerestored.JPG

treelimit1LI.JPG

maxtable.JPG

maxtable1.JPG

I am sure you are right; I was rezzing in my yard while standing on a balcony so that probably affected my view.  These are cute but I am going to continue looking around and poking in my inventory for a tree.  😄

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

I am sure you are right; I was rezzing in my yard while standing on a balcony so that probably affected my view.  These are cute but I am going to continue looking around and poking in my inventory for a tree.  😄

This is very nice, not so cheap, but it is good for the LH low number of prims to play with. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROIRO-Christmas-tree-Natural/16051608?page=2

• Like 3

This 3 LI Sparkling Winter Birch Tree from HEXtraordinary is on my "Things I *really* like list"! 

EDIT: Just discovered that there are 3 options for the lights: rainbow, warm white, cool white! Still photos don't do this justice. (Though I think I may replace/cover the plant pot and maybe hang a few ornaments on it.)

EDIT 2: Unlinked the pot and replaced it with a 1 LI one, added some baubles and linking it all back together it still came in at 3 LI, with the color change script intact :) 

hex.jpg

HEX2.jpg

hex3.jpg

• Like 5