The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

13 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yep, they are all gift boxes.  I am not so sure that they change locations every day but they definitely changed their names between Friday and Saturday so watch out for that, it might be daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 7:41 AM, Marianne Little said:

A while ago I said I should stop buying Nutmeg because it is so much textures and triangles. But that was before they joined weekend sales and also The Outlet.

Um, they gave me a new reason to continue as a customer. They have placed out their Gacha sets, many of them, I am not sure how many they had. Almost all gives the option to buy individual parts, in addition to a fatpack. Musical Escape is one of them and I was clicking on the small individual parts. They start from 38 L and up! The rare ivory piano is way under the reseller price. You can find charcoal and ashen piano cheaper from reseller, but not much cheaper. 

Apple Fall has started to list their gacha sets on the Marketplace. And compared to others I shall not name, (that sell their gacha Christmas tree decorations for 1K 😡 ), Apple Fall keep it reasonable and under 1000 K for gachas including houses or skyboxes, and gachas with only small decor stuff for around 500 L.

Hi all. 

The issue with Nutmeg's gachas (as well as some other brands including the match head shop)  is that some items have horrid (super horrid) LODs.  Some items are fine LOD but very high land impact.  Sometimes you know the LI from the vendor key and somethings not. And of course LI is not necessarily an indication of triangle count.   So it is particularly tricky.  I would buy things in the aftermarket and then end up giving them to a friend as there was no way I would use them.  

Even among the heavy mesh brands (some who of course don't make their own mesh) it is a shot in the dark.  Now and then though there are pieces with good LODs as well as reasonable triangle counts.  THEN you are definitely a winner.  It doesn't look like that trend is going to change any time soon.  Personally I most often shop with the brands I know make good LODs and low triangle counts --- consistently. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hi all. 

The issue with Nutmeg's gachas (as well as some other brands including the match head shop)  is that some items have horrid (super horrid) LODs.  Some items are fine LOD but very high land impact.  Sometimes you know the LI from the vendor key and somethings not. And of course LI is not necessarily an indication of triangle count.   So it is particularly tricky.  I would buy things in the aftermarket and then end up giving them to a friend as there was no way I would use them.  

Even among the heavy mesh brands (some who of course don't make their own mesh) it is a shot in the dark.  Now and then though there are pieces with good LODs as well as reasonable triangle counts.  THEN you are definitely a winner.  It doesn't look like that trend is going to change any time soon.  Personally I most often shop with the brands I know make good LODs and low triangle counts --- consistently. 

I am too lazy to follow your instructions on how to inspect and count triangles and look at textures. So I have no excuse if I discover that this furniture seem to load ok, and this is grey or blurry.

But the cheap stuff is cheap stuff, so I buy it and hope for the best. I have an impression, that the newer stuff is better, only based on how it behaves home at my place. Maybe it is so, maybe not. With better, I mean that it load faster and the textures get clear.

But that is for me. I unpacked a lot of the Happy Weekend stuff when I set up a living room for the holiday season. It is also about mixing up, I can not furnish a whole house with Nutmeg items, but sprinkle them out, haha. Like seasoning.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am too lazy to follow your instructions on how to inspect and count triangles and look at textures. So I have no excuse if I discover that this furniture seem to load ok, and this is grey or blurry.

But the cheap stuff is cheap stuff, so I buy it and hope for the best. I have an impression, that the newer stuff is better, only based on how it behaves home at my place. Maybe it is so, maybe not. With better, I mean that it load faster and the textures get clear.

Even without inspecting the LOD numbers, I always view the demo models from a reasonable distance, given these items will only be seen from within a single room in most instances. If the item doesn’t break up, I’m happy. Sometimes I’ve been surprised that a piece with a low LOD retains its form at a considerably greater distance than the numbers suggest. (With only a couple of exceptions, sale items I’ve posted in this thread are all ones I’ve looked at in person and found acceptable to me in terms of their integrity at that reasonable distance. In the last few months there have been a couple of sale items from Nutmeg that didn’t meet the cut, so I didn’t mention them. I did buy their Porcelain Collection when it was on sale even though a couple of parts didn’t meet my ‘test’, thinking I could use bits of it, but it didn’t work out. Their Porcelain Curiosities set, however, is excellent, and I was happy to buy it at full price. Photo shows the porcelain pieces at LOD 2 120m draw distance, using a bog standard desktop pc. The given LOD for the porcelain pieces I've used ranges from 1.9 to 3.6m at LOD 2.) 

nutmegporcelain.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
LOD range amended
  • Like 4

Re. Trompe loeils calendar: Also, select Cory Edo as owner, or you get so many returns with Eboni Khan.

One of the prices, the  Antique Hammered Bronze Trees, will go down to 2 Li if you go to properties and select "none" under Physics Shape Type. It was the only item I managed to do this with, heh. The Antique Glass Snowflake is the other low Li gift.

Many items does not go very much down in Li when I try to make them smaller, but I will use them on my other land.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am puzzeled by this Trompe Loeils calendar.

If I use area search fpt what key- word should I search?

It's not that simple.  Try putting cory.edo in the creator, owner and last owner field and search.  Look for "names" that are different, generally related to the season or such.  Search on both regions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

It's not that simple.  Try putting cory.edo in the creator, owner and last owner field and search.  Look for "names" that are different, generally related to the season or such.  Search on both regions.

Right. The actual TL merchandise is easy to spot in the results list, as well as the building components for the paths/roads. So you can rule those out. Think along the lines of Christmas Carols or frequently-used holiday sayings. Several of the hunt keys  fall into that category. I found it helpful to teleport around the region and refresh the search.

This would be an extremely difficult hunt without area search. There are keys hidden all over the region, in various builds.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here are the full Shop & Hop gift list. I have already noticed stores I must visit, like Trompe Loeil, Bazar, Half-Deer, DaD, Kraftwork, Pitaya, Chez Moi, Hayabusa, What Next and Tarte. The event has many stores that makes good things.

It is other home reated gifts, but it is not stores I recognize.

https://www.adventuresinsecondlife.com/winter-shop-hop-gift-list/

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 11

16 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

More Fifty Linden Fridays:

YouNeed-2.jpg

This shelter from YouNeed would be a great freestanding add-on for a NewBrooke home on a 1024 lot, if there is sufficient space.

YouNeed is so high in Li.

I still bought it, in the hope that I could link off the fireplace parts, and when I linked them together, it was only 3 Li. I am gambling on that the fireplace can be used in one of the one story houses, the flat roof can be thick enough to hide the dark part.

The very pretty downlights inside was 15 Li. 😨 But the light wood walls are 1 Li unlinked and has only a soft dark vignette around the edges. They will be a good accent wall if you like the wood. The walls are made of many parts, so unless you use only a flat part against a wall, it is more than 1 Li.

yn_001.jpg

• Like 5

This chair is a really land impact saver.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/R7-Modern-Chair/13343948

It is not a weekend offer, but it has lots of positive things. You can tint the upholstery and the wood, and the included textures are full permissions if somebody will add their own. If you swap two 5 li chairs with two of this one, you save 8 Li.

yn_002.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Keeping in mind the chair from Brocante mentioned above, this is turning out to be the weekend of plaid/tartan seating. Consignment has a 4 LI (A) chair with leather pillow on sale for $50. And Merak is selling two armchairs (PG - $50; A - $75), in a plain blue or tartan, with some texture change options for the blanket. However, the Merak chairs are LI-heavy: the chair itself is 11 LI and the ottoman is 5 LI. :( 

Merak is also selling this 7 LI sled with tartan blankets for $60.

consign.jpg

merak.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4