Jump to content

The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extremely exciting news from Muniick for this weekend's Happy Weekend Sale! Their entire Wickman Farmhouse Kitchen - in 4 finishes, Adult or PG - is being sold for only 60L$! Note that anyone who has

Well, I just found the place for beachy home furnishings! Amelia's Coastal Treasures  

The new Chez Moi kitchen is ridiculously cute, low LI & small enough to even fit a camper. Total win.    

Posted Images

Here are the Christmas gifts from Cosmopolitan…
Quick tip: if you derender the tree (clicking on the little wooden train will do it), you're left with only the stockings, which makes it much easier (I think) to pick up the gifts. Also, Area Search is your friend… YMMV, of course.

Décor
Row 1 Bamse 1LI each, Sequel 1LI each, Never Totally Dead 2LI
Row 2 Lalou 1LI each, Unflat Stuff 1LI each
Row 3 Bee Designs 2LI, Hayabusa 8LI (it's bigger than my picture shows), DS 5LI

decor.thumb.jpg.571dbcf1ef3151a1abede85f768283d1.jpg

 

Christmas décor
Row 1 West End 3LI, Myrrine 2LI, Madras 4LI (animated)
Row 2  Goose 1LI, Chez Moi 3LI
Row 3 TLC 18LI (this is adorable, the little fairy you can see in the picture actually flits through the candles and lights them one by one), Konoha 7LI

decorxmas.thumb.jpg.6061f139adef51950b63ce3a7062110a.jpg

 


Food
Row 1 {YD} 2LI, Thor 2LI
Row 2 OW (Old World) - also comes in a wearable version (on the go snacking!), Duvet Days

food.thumb.jpg.ff4940f8ca55dcdbffdf6a17093d4e0e.jpg

 

Other (from L to R)
B-Made - didn't have enough space to rez that… but a whole boathouse? I'll take it… 😁
The Black Forest - this is actually some sort of game?
Candy Kitten - a wearable rather than home décor, but could probably be used as décor if you have the prims (18LI)

other.thumb.jpg.a57978e06efecb8f13899ca048d9c253.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arquet said:

Here are the Christmas gifts from Cosmopolitan…
Quick tip: if you derender the tree (clicking on the little wooden train will do it), you're left with only the stockings, which makes it much easier (I think) to pick up the gifts. Also, Area Search is your friend… YMMV, of course.

I actually did a Temporary derender of the tree - to better see the stockings.  I then did a Permanent derender of each stocking after getting the gift.  That was helpful when I went back a few days later to check for new gifts --- because some creators are always late in getting theirs out.  I'll make one final check right before the event closes -- and it wouldn't surprise me to still find a few new ones.

Side Note:  There must have been some script funkiness going on the day that I grabbed most of the stockings.  I'd click on one and it would deliver the gift twice. That happened about a dozen times.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 8:35 AM, Arquet said:

Here are the Christmas gifts from Cosmopolitan…
Quick tip: if you derender the tree (clicking on the little wooden train will do it), you're left with only the stockings, which makes it much easier (I think) to pick up the gifts. Also, Area Search is your friend… YMMV, of course.

Décor
Row 1 Bamse 1LI each, Sequel 1LI each, Never Totally Dead 2LI
Row 2 Lalou 1LI each, Unflat Stuff 1LI each
Row 3 Bee Designs 2LI, Hayabusa 8LI (it's bigger than my picture shows), DS 5LI

decor.thumb.jpg.571dbcf1ef3151a1abede85f768283d1.jpg

 

Christmas décor
Row 1 West End 3LI, Myrrine 2LI, Madras 4LI (animated)
Row 2  Goose 1LI, Chez Moi 3LI
Row 3 TLC 18LI (this is adorable, the little fairy you can see in the picture actually flits through the candles and lights them one by one), Konoha 7LI

decorxmas.thumb.jpg.6061f139adef51950b63ce3a7062110a.jpg

 


Food
Row 1 {YD} 2LI, Thor 2LI
Row 2 OW (Old World) - also comes in a wearable version (on the go snacking!), Duvet Days

food.thumb.jpg.ff4940f8ca55dcdbffdf6a17093d4e0e.jpg

 

Other (from L to R)
B-Made - didn't have enough space to rez that… but a whole boathouse? I'll take it… 😁
The Black Forest - this is actually some sort of game?
Candy Kitten - a wearable rather than home décor, but could probably be used as décor if you have the prims (18LI)

other.thumb.jpg.a57978e06efecb8f13899ca048d9c253.jpg

Thank you for the post Arquet!

Can you post a link for the store? I found a few Cosmopolitan's in search and I don't see a tree with gifties. Merry Christmas Everybody!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

The Saturday Sale has a Nautical bedroom set for those who are shopping for their new stilt homes, looks like items are priced separately at 50-75L each  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oracle Sparc/124/66/4000

Folks might want to think twice about that set - or at least pieces of it.  That bed is really heavy mesh - comes in at 29 LI with 198,057 triangles, pretty much all of which are the pillows and two blankets.

image.png.a94ef3b42bdfdff26ca6ae2d1e4e54cc.png

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 5:31 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Side Note:  There must have been some script funkiness going on the day that I grabbed most of the stockings.  I'd click on one and it would deliver the gift twice. That happened about a dozen times.

 

I had that too, and not just twice. You think you're getting several different gifts...but alas no.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first event I picked up the gifts from was actually Swank (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swank%20Events/183/201/24), and I hadn't planned on taking pictures, so I'm pretty sure there are more home and garden gifts than these, I just didn't keep them.
Sorry.
Also, now that Christmas is behind us, some of these gifts might be less useful.
Sorry. There's always next year...?

swank1.thumb.jpg.fd9a60a5fd727e612e8ac7f458cbcecb.jpg


First row: mind garden 3LI, AZ studio 1LI, CJ Creations (these are VERY big and did not fit in my white box and I was too lazy to build a bigger white box)
Second row: Gruwcreation, tree shelves 6LI each (full perm), deer heads 1LI each (full perm, this is one object with 3 textures), locomotive (decorative only) 3LI
Thirds row: CJ creations 1LI, bricolage 1LI, fantasy china 1LI (the red bag is actually the packaging, I took a picture because I think it looks cute on its own)

And the Gruwcreation gift is actually more than that: it's a bit of a jumble, but it contains no less than 4 fully furnished skyboxes with baked in shadows. I know this is not really that relavant to Linden Homes, but it's so generous that I wanted to mention it.

(The parcel looks like this under the tree - it's simply called "CHRISTMASS GIFTS !")

And know, I'm not affilated or anything. I just think it's an incredible gift. If the post is inappropriate, just let me know.

1311258619_ByGruwcreation3li_015.jpg.dbac9b6786b864389e8b39032947fa64.jpg

 

swank2.thumb.jpg.74d3b9cd3d6d062cc3992312923f7a32.jpg

Edited by Arquet
spelling plus link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last post for now, I swear... 🙂

Trompe l'oeil is still giving away stuff for free. The Cecilia trunk bench would look equally at home in a Victorian or a Log Home (remember them? 🙂), I think.

$L0 Stay at Home special, at the front of the store.

Snapshot_002.jpg.6d402c4083ed3e59a0929375f5004882.jpg

Edited by Arquet
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arquet said:

The first event I picked up the gifts from was actually Swank (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swank%20Events/183/201/24), and I hadn't planned on taking pictures, so I'm pretty sure there are more home and garden gifts than these, I just didn't keep them.
Sorry.
Also, now that Christmas is behind us, some of these gifts might be less useful.
Sorry. There's always next year...?

swank1.thumb.jpg.fd9a60a5fd727e612e8ac7f458cbcecb.jpg


First row: mind garden 3LI, AZ studio 1LI, CJ Creations (these are VERY big and did not fit in my white box and I was too lazy to build a bigger white box)
Second row: Gruwcreation, tree shelves 6LI each (full perm), deer heads 1LI each (full perm, this is one object with 3 textures), locomotive (decorative only) 3LI
Thirds row: CJ creations 1LI, bricolage 1LI, fantasy china 1LI (the red bag is actually the packaging, I took a picture because I think it looks cute on its own)

And the Gruwcreation gift is actually more than that: it's a bit of a jumble, but it contains no less than 4 fully furnished skyboxes with baked in shadows. I know this is not really that relavant to Linden Homes, but it's so generous that I wanted to mention it.

(The parcel looks like this under the tree - it's simply called "CHRISTMASS GIFTS !")

And know, I'm not affilated or anything. I just think it's an incredible gift. If the post is inappropriate, just let me know.

1311258619_ByGruwcreation3li_015.jpg.dbac9b6786b864389e8b39032947fa64.jpg

 

swank2.thumb.jpg.74d3b9cd3d6d062cc3992312923f7a32.jpg

I fetched the Skyboxes and for free they are adorable! especially since you can dissassemble them and use most parts seperately. They even contain kitchen parts with animations and props for eating and so on.  Only ONE big mistake: awfull LOD - things dissapear as soon as you are a few meters away from them.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

One silly question to all those buying and owning TONS of furniture:

How do you store it? How do you find it?

How do you name directories und subdirectories in you inventory?

Do you take photos of every peace and stpre them on your HD?

And if so how can you find a special item to place it in the house?

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One silly question to all those buying and owning TONS of furniture:

How do you store it? How do you find it?

How do you name directories und subdirectories in you inventory?

Do you take photos of every peace and stpre them on your HD?

And if so how can you find a special item to place it in the house?

 

I toss it all in my inventory. And what I find, and when I find it, is luck, or I remember part of the name.

Directories? Folders? What's that? 😘

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One silly question to all those buying and owning TONS of furniture:

How do you store it? How do you find it?

How do you name directories und subdirectories in you inventory?

Do you take photos of every peace and stpre them on your HD?

And if so how can you find a special item to place it in the house?

 

I create folders for each type of room and keep them inside my objects folder. I have a living-room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen etc. I have folders inside folders to sort things further and I sort things into the right place when I buy things.

It looks like this:

 

af6b7fe20ca1e1561b7a6ce89844df2b.png

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leora Jacobus Here's how I organize my inventory. I try to keep it low anyway, that helps; now I'm around 11.500 items,  and that is a lot to me!!  80% is garden stuff and furniture, I might have just 50 pieces of clothing and 10 of footwear... inventory.PNG.e88fb5e0befc86f81600c21db30c8391.PNG

 

 

 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I started to make one folder for PixelMode then one for AppleFall ... then I made subdirectories for Livingroom, Diningroo, Bedroom, Kitchen, Bath, Garden and miscellanius in each of them ... but by now I am getting into CHAOS 🤪

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One silly question to all those buying and owning TONS of furniture:

How do you store it? How do you find it?

How do you name directories und subdirectories in you inventory?

Do you take photos of every peace and stpre them on your HD?

And if so how can you find a special item to place it in the house?

 

My method is to attempt to categorize (I have furniture folders, broken down into creator names) or rename the file if needed. Problem is remembering to do this. 

I tend to use some pieces over and over as "anchors" so I usually can find what I need or by searching "sofa" "kitchen" or whatever. But there's more times than not that I can't remember the name of something which is maddening. 

I have used the word "FAVORITE' when renaming if there's enough characters left. That, has been quite useful to me

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are my first level folders under "!!Home"
image.png.e012a7e08869448b0e1c2740ac72fcda.png

I try to break down further any folder that has a lot of items. For example, under Decor:
image.png.122a443295faf562babe1357a05228ff.png

Furniture is divided into rooms, and then within rooms, either to style, like in the living room folder (ie contemporary, shabby chic, etc.) or object, like in the bedroom folder (beds, bedside tables, dressers, etc.). Sets are always in a folder called "Sets" or "Collections"
image.png.dd6a112eb068db8fa55ab5efa64c6607.png
 

Almost every top level folder in the home section has at least one level of subfolders, with a few exceptions.For example, Lamps has Ceiling, Wall, Floor, Table and Desktop folders. But Rugs as of now isn't subdivided.

If an item I've purchased has a savable image, I try to remember to save it to an external HD in an SL Inventory Folder.
 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...