The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Good morning lovely people!!! If you stop by Shop and Hop event (lag wasn't too bad this morning), don't miss the gift Konoha has placed; a flower patch that comes in 4 sizes. 

I'm not into technicicalities about objects, I just enjoy them, but I like things that have good quality and don't starting breaking from a distance. I have several flowers, trees and grass patches from this store, and they all look great. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sugarplum/103/234/53

valentine's houstonia.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Fancy Decor's grand re-opening (new region, not yet available via Search inworld) is going on NOW, until midnight SLT Sunday night/Monday morning (~7 more hours). $500L gift certificates for all members. Look for the sign between the two beacons. (Group gifts available at the landing point. Group costs $250L to join.) Attached are screengrabs of the gifts available - if you're not already a member, it may be worth joining just to get some of the end tables, lamps, and chairs. 

fd.JPG

fdgift3.JPG

fdgift2.JPG

fdgift1.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
corrected days - midnight Sunday night/Monday morning
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Anyhoo ... I have not bought from Ariskea in a long time and this one really caught my eye:

C88 - Jet Set - Ariskea

This collection is Inspired by the theme of Jetset for this Round of Collabor88. I try to make something very different in style, a little bougie and chic. This set can be purchased in Gold or Silver. The Chandelier is a unique piece that can glamorize any room! Hope you like ♥

Available here:

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/111/176/1085

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Anyhoo ... I have not bought from Ariskea in a long time and this one really caught my eye:

C88 - Jet Set - Ariskea

This collection is Inspired by the theme of Jetset for this Round of Collabor88. I try to make something very different in style, a little bougie and chic. This set can be purchased in Gold or Silver. The Chandelier is a unique piece that can glamorize any room! Hope you like ♥

Available here:

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/111/176/1085

That is one of my favourite stores. She has been creating some amazing items lately, including group gifts, and provides a wonderful customer service.

• Like 5

Maybe this is the right place to ask for Nutmeg companions. I mean furniture/decor that work with Nutmeg. I really want to use the Nutmeg pieces I got. The problem is, I can't make them play well with others. Not even Apple Fall. Apple Fall does not look cluttered enough. Or is it that I don't pile several AF pieces on top of each other? AF has more "whole" fabric instead of the Nutmeg fabrics.

I can find closeups of Nutmeg piled with some other items, but seldom whole rooms that's designed to stay up. Not just composed for pretty pictures. Most of images with Nutmeg look like arranged for a blog post.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

Looking for a long modern (as not vintage but sleek and simple) double vanity with sinks that can go in a bedroom  -- so looking a bit like a dresser?   Any ideas?    I'd just as soon NOT make one LOL.  

Thanks.

And to @Marianne Little  I think my Nutmeg stuff is playing pretty well with others but I have the "cluttered country hand-me-down" look going on.  I will try and remember to send you a LM when I log in again. Heading back to bed.   Security should be off (I don't like security but it is built in) but if not you can cam in.  If I forget, IM me. 

AND --- I am styling the new Trompe Loeil Cliff house which is SUPER FUN to do (and $88 at Colabor88 so hard to pass up).  Mostly using old favorites but a few new purchases got in the mix.   Of course you DO need a big spot for it LOL.    

EDIT:  And the new REKA (Nutmeg) gift is lovely  -- but heavy (no real surprise LOL).  I have it out, but those with less than hefty computers might want to note ^^.      

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe this is the right place to ask for Nutmeg companions. I mean furniture/decor that work with Nutmeg. I really want to use the Nutmeg pieces I got. The problem is, I can't make them play well with others. Not even Apple Fall. Apple Fall does not look cluttered enough. Or is it that I don't pile several AF pieces on top of each other? AF has more "whole" fabric instead of the Nutmeg fabrics.

I can find closeups of Nutmeg piled with some other items, but seldom whole rooms that's designed to stay up. Not just composed for pretty pictures. Most of images with Nutmeg look like arranged for a blog post.

I think you have identified the problem with Nutmeg, in that many of the pieces appear as though they were designed for photo shoots, and not practical use.  You can often disassemble them and use some of the parts, but that often doesn't work so well due to the extreme shadowing of most of the textures (pull off a throw blanket to find a giant black spot on your sofa, for example).  I love Nutmeg's aesthetic, but I have to use them sparingly for the reasons discussed, and the fact that most of their items are on the primmy side, not to mention high in triangle count, if that is a concern.  

There are some furnished residential communities (Elysion, Dirty Pretty, Puddlechurch, and others that I can't recall at the moment), that use a heavy dose of Nutmeg in the décor.  You may want to explore them for ideas, though walking around them can be a challenge due to the lag.    

Edited by Matthieu Quander
Remembering things is hard
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

AND --- I am styling the new Trompe Loeil Cliff house which is SUPER FUN to do (and $88 at Colabor88 so hard to pass up).  Mostly using old favorites but a few new purchases got in the mix.   Of course you DO need a big spot for it LOL.   

OMG, thank you for the heads-up!  I have just the spot that might work and, for $88, worth a try!!  :D

• Like 1

@Chic AeonI always buy the C88 homes from Trompe, even if I don't need them. For maybe I need it in the future? I remember C88 started as 88 L for the things, but almost all stores does not do that price anymore. It is ridiculous with 288 L for a single top in a single color, so I often feel it is more expensive to buy there than other places. But I buy the Trompe stuff.

Dahlia is a new to me store. I can try to look there.

@Matthieu QuanderI walked around in Puddlechurch 2-3 months ago? I seem to remember it was empty, not furnished houses. But maybe I can zoom the camera in and inspect what people decorate with. 

I want to fill a house with the same theme. Maybe I need to set up a smaller house to get enough clutter, but that is okay. I am not in Bellisseria, so I think lag isn't so very bad. I can always remove some items that's outside - less textures on the plot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am a big Nutmeg fan, along with my other faves, Apple Fall, Dust Bunny & Hive.  I constantly mix these guys up!!  Marianne, maybe do the opposite....style a room with mostly others, and add a Nutmeg piece or two to compliment?  Worth a try, have fun :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

@Chic AeonI always buy the C88 homes from Trompe, even if I don't need them. For maybe I need it in the future? I remember C88 started as 88 L for the things, but almost all stores does not do that price anymore. It is ridiculous with 288 L for a single top in a single color, so I often feel it is more expensive to buy there than other places. But I buy the Trompe stuff.

Dahlia is a new to me store. I can try to look there.

@Matthieu QuanderI walked around in Puddlechurch 2-3 months ago? I seem to remember it was empty, not furnished houses. But maybe I can zoom the camera in and inspect what people decorate with. 

I want to fill a house with the same theme. Maybe I need to set up a smaller house to get enough clutter, but that is okay. I am not in Bellisseria, so I think lag isn't so very bad. I can always remove some items that's outside - less textures on the plot.

You may be right about Puddlechurch not being furnished.  It was months ago that I was last there.  If it wasn't furnished, then most, if not all, of the residents had good decorating tastes with a heavy lean toward Nutmeg items.  Perhaps they just like to copy each other, as we often see in Bellisseria.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Nutmeg stuff looks like it belongs in delipidated homes. You might search for something similar? 

I had to google that word, hehe.

While DRD comes up in that searchword on the MP, I it is more a neglected/grunge/dirty look than Nutmeg.

Nutmeg makes me think about someone using salvaged wood from old buildings to make furniture, paint it with special paint that crack when it dries, uses sanding and dark vanish to make it look shabby chic. Artfully bleached textiles, new textures made to look old and fake wear and tear. Very chic.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Nutmeg makes me think about someone using salvaged wood from old buildings to make furniture, paint it with special paint that crack when it dries, uses sanding and dark vanish to make it look shabby chic. Artfully bleached textiles, new textures made to look old and fake wear and tear. Very chic.

Totally agree!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Beware! They had this as offer short while ago as part of a kitchen SET.

Allways good to check your inventory for the name before you buy.

Good info - but the newer (v2) has color change built-in.  The one that comes with the complete kitchen is just white.  Not a big deal, but nice to be able to change the color and match the other Muniick kitchen accessories.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I always buy the C88 homes from Trompe, even if I don't need them. For maybe I need it in the future? I remember C88 started as 88 L for the things, but almost all stores does not do that price anymore. It is ridiculous with 288 L for a single top in a single color

I was just fondly remembering those days as I looked through the gallery earlier. It made me sad. Lol

• Like 2