The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One silly question to all those buying and owning TONS of furniture:

How do you store it? How do you find it?

How do you name directories und subdirectories in you inventory?

Do you take photos of every peace and stpre them on your HD?

And if so how can you find a special item to place it in the house?

ΙI follow the same system as others.

I have main folders and subfolders, all named in a way that i can type and find whatever I like.

Having had big loading problems of inventory in the past, I followed the advice of a very helpful Linden not to have folders with too many subfolders, so in some cases, all subfolders are swimming in my inventory, but in an organized way so that they can be found anytime.

I am giving specific names to the folders, always using the same keywords, which makes finding something pretty easy.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 182359.png

Screenshot 2020-12-31 183000.png

Screenshot 2020-12-31 183250.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Loretta - do you have any idea what is considered too many (or too many levels) of subfolders?

It's not really a matter of too many sub-folders.

Basically you want no more than 1000-2000 (maybe 5000) items (objects or folders) at a single level - I don't remember the exact number, but it was mentioned in the forums before.  I shoot for no more than 1000.

When you have that, you need to sub-divide more.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Loretta - do you have any idea what is considered too many (or too many levels) of subfolders?

The problem was the number of items in each subfolder in combination with the many subfolders, if I remember correctly the limit was around 1000 items. ( my hair, shoes and clothing folders were by far the worse in regards to the number of items....)

The performance issues that I had got resolved when I moved all subfolders out of their initial folders. That made my inventory extremely long as there are too many main folders now, but using the right keywords made it easy to find things.

Edited by Loretta String
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Spotted at KAZZA and NOT to be missed, for only $L60, all pieces are 1 LI or 2 LI.  The little giraffe planters are abso-frigging adorable!

KAZZA - MorningDear - (HW) exclusive SL.jpg

This is a nice upgrade to my dining room. I'm happy that it's mod so I could reduce the chair's LI down to one by removing the shadows.

newdiningroom_001.png.0121572b98d037361e10508463ba8968.png

Greg's grandpa brought the same set and the full stomach animation cracks me up.

"Thanks Grandpa, but I'm full!"

fulltummy_001.png.6adb5717ac71d113d6f1cfbfde5d65a0.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

On 9/27/2020 at 9:41 AM, Marianne Little said:

❤️ @seeno29

I had bookmarked a site named just the same a few years ago, LovetodecoratesL. Then suddenly, the site disappeared. Maybe this is it starting over?

Changed hands I was told. The problem there is that it is definitely NOT inclusive. There is so very much more out there when you wander the events or even Serephim (and I agree it is more difficult for me to find things there also).   

Honestly it would be a huge job to do a H and G website so we will need to keep up to date as we can.  In general I have not been thrilled with most new releases. I am not alone LOL as I hear the same thing from friends. So maybe it is burn out or not making enough money or the general pandemic blues -- don't know. I do know that I have lots of money that I would LIKE to spend and nothing that I can find to spend it on.   Oh well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And often, even when LI is low, the number of triangles is still totally outrageous.

:( :S

That is because  -- and you may know this already -- that SMALL things get a huge bonus in the uploader. How LL designed it and yes, it really should have been redesigned long ago and no, likely it will never be with new owners that most likely don't care about that.  So we need to be diligent or even just AWARE of the triangle could and not plunk too much heavy mesh down in the same area.  

I am working on a new styling and I have 1,000 li to use (didn't need that but it was the only parcel size available).   It is certainly an interesting adventure. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

At Kazza for Happy Weekend - Studio Lounge Divani set, 60L$: sofa appears to be linked with ottoman and throw 10 LI; Banana palm 2 LI ; side table 1 LI; lamp 1 LI. (The 'Morning Dear' table, chairs, bread basket, etc. from last weekend still available for 60L$)

kazza.JPG

After getting the Morning Dear set, I went back and bought the StudioLoungeBath set, $L 333 I think. You can use the pieces individually, but it looks the best bathroom set I have seen. It has a bidet (not for washing socks haha). 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2