I can't wear more than one alpha file?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most mesh clothes (nowadays, that’s the only type of clothes I can find in stores— even skinny jeans and bras are mesh) come with an alpha file that gets rid of the clipping. The problem is, I have to choose (between my hair, my top, my pants, and my shoes) which thing will be without holes because I can only wear one alpha file. It’s really not fun when I find the perfect shoes for an outfit and when I put them on my avatar’s shoulders become exposed. Is there a way to wear more than one alpha?

Edited by Foggypebble Muircastle

52 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Have you tried adding the alpha instead of wearing?  Mesh body or not?

Choosing ADD instead of WEAR worked once and I was able to wear my top and shoes without clipping but after those two alpha files I added more and couldn't see them working.  Thank you but now it seems like I can only wear two.

No mesh body. I use a classic avatar.

Edit: It took some time but they  all worked. Thank you! You've helped me immensely actually. (I hit post limit so I can't respond but thank you)

Edit: I use the latest official SL Viewer.

Edited by Foggypebble Muircastle
Forgot something

4 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Choosing ADD instead of WEAR worked once and I was able to wear my top and shoes without clipping but after those two alpha files I added more and couldn't see them working.  Thank you but now it seems like I can only wear two.

No mesh body. I use a classic avatar.

• Max. # of attachments - 38 combined HUD or body attachments.
    • They can be viewed by right-clicking your avatar and choosing Edit My Outfit.
    • With the formal introduction of multiple attachments to a single point in Viewer 2.4, you can attach up to 38 total objects, and they can all be attached to a single point.
    • With the introduction of the Bento armature, there are 47 attachment points available.
    • With the introduction of Animesh, there is a limit of 1 Animesh attachment, 2 if the resident has premium.
  • Max. # of clothing layers - 60 including alpha, tattoo, shoe base, physics, socks, gloves, undershirt, underpants, shirt, pants, jacket, skirt
    • On viewers before Second Life Release 3.7.29.301305, the potential total was still 60, but limited to 5 items of each type.
    • In any case, only one each of shape, skin, eyes and hair base may be worn. These 4 basic body parts are in addition to the 60 clothing layers. 
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.