Ever been "picked up" easily?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not really and I learned early on to never follow a male avatar anywhere.

I am not an alt and I would never make a veiled advertising post.  

Typical inworld "if you hurt my family, I hurt you zoo000mmm!!!11!!!!" asshattery. 🙄 Kinda sorry for a few drawn in to this. Very few, though.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Tell us, and show us.

Jordan has had a blog for years and a rather good one.   She just doesn't feel the need to promote it here just for likes or followers.  Pretty sure she's been on my Flickr list since before I joined these forums.  

• Like 1

I want to read and see what is particularly relevant to this conversation from her. I don't know anything about her blog, or even how find it. I would love to read it though.

Edited by Bagnu

I am no longer able to say my favorite "wt... heck" (only not heck) without :::cough::: consequences. Sigh. I mean, really, that prohibition is just sadistic. Wait. Ooooooh. Right. Anyway.

This thread is just crying out for a good What The... Heck?

Was there an original topic? I saw about 4 comments about something to do with being picked up, a few with questions about what that meant, and the rest about... wow, now THERE's a surprise. That like never happens.

I've gone on dates. I haven't been picked up, like at a club. Not that I can recall. My avatar has been physically lifted. I have, irl, experienced physical lifting. I've been swept off my feet, but not totally randomly. I'm too much of an introvert, I think. And picky.

200.gif

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I am no longer able to say my favorite "wt... heck" (only not heck) without :::cough::: consequences. Sigh. I mean, really, that prohibition is just sadistic. Wait. Ooooooh. Right. Anyway.

This thread is just crying out for a good What The... Heck?

Was there an original topic? I saw about 4 comments about something to do with being picked up, a few with questions about what that meant, and the rest about... wow, now THERE's a surprise. That like never happens.

I've gone on dates. I haven't been picked up, like at a club. Not that I can recall. My avatar has been physically lifted. I have, irl, experienced physical lifting. I've been swept off my feet, but not totally randomly. I'm too much of an introvert, I think. And picky.

200.gif

Lol, I couldn't even remember what the topic was!!!

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

What?!?!?!?!

I'm trying to remember why I wrote that. I must have had a glass of wine too many. It makes no sense otherwise!!!

Maybe a casual pickup from someone I can't remember?

Edited by Bagnu
2 hours ago, L3xi2002 said:

No :(

... That's not a bad thing, though. There's no shortage of easy people around; it's better to aspire to be worthwhile. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, Caroline Takeda said:

Back to topic.

The "settle in" part confuses me a little. If it means "moving in" then no, that doesn't happen quickly to me.

Moving in, yes. I was pleasantly surprised myself. I'm on SL a lot (as in I never log out) so I basically ended up staying. I didn't even ask to see their place. They simply took me there right away. You get more space at home then a public beach so that makes sense.

Was never told to leave. Always interacting with each other when they're around. It's not that I magically fit. I MAKE myself fit. And I see no one having major concerns or negative traits (like mistrust or anger they can't control) so why leave? I'm happy. They're happy. Worry with reason, not without.

See, that's the thing. People worry about "being close and moving in". But that's just it. Fear. People make a big deal out of things because of fear. so why be afraid? "Hey there, nice looking gal who notices I'm a dog".

Plop. Right in their home after they took a interest in me because I took one in them. That easy. That dang easy. You can even do that in real life at times. In fact, I know it happens. Think bars exist JUST for flings? Nope. Sometimes people happen to get on that well and what might have been a fling became a couple. Same logic applies to furmeets at times. etc, etc.

That's not to say you shouldn't ever worry. But if you're observant you can detect those that make excuses (profiles give flags at times. It's obvious when people are afraid of something to me) and detect those that make it about responsibility instead of seeing the worst of others. That's not to say I will avoid people with flaws. It simply means when a giving person without concerns is there (sometimes they even approach me. Gasp) I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. If I do detect any concerns then I mention it right away. regardless of what fun is involved. Because, frankly, mental health and safety and if you don't care about that you're a danger to not only fun but a persons well being. Want fun? Treat people like they matter. That simple.

Edited by Taramafor
  • 3 weeks later...