New Forum Sub Forum

On 3/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, CeleneHighwater said:

The app was great when I tested it. Now it says the Beta is no longer available. I am assuming the test has ended.

When working on the app, I hope accessibility is a priority. So far it is accessible, but that might become a bit more challenging once graphics are introduced down the line. If there is a screen reader accessible SL app the revenue potential for LL will be huge!

Can you get a update from the lab on if the NDA is over please and when we can expect to hear about the launch of the app ? 

The lab have been pretty quiet about this recently. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, Keira Linden said:

Hi Trinity!

Yeah, at this time we are focused on the non-graphical aspects for a mobile viewer.  That's not to say that some kind of graphics won't be available further down the line, but right not we're just focused on IM, followed by group chat, group and friendship management.  Once we have those tackled for both iOS and Android, we'll start working on another set of features, and I promise to give you all a sneak peek at what those will be just as soon as we have that feature set decided on.  Next year is going to be an exciting one for SL Mobile! 😁

Hi, its "next year". 

The main Second Life account dashboard isn’t even mobile-friendly yet. An html media size query and accompanying CSS is like the easiest thing to do. I don’t think anyone at the lab knows how to do anything on/for mobile devices. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by davidventer
  • Like 1