New Forum Sub Forum

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
4 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

If I understand ... there it goes ...
For how many more years do we need to wait for a Marketplace App?
I was the third, even if I did it wrong. Thank you.

Hi Axel!

It's my hope it won't be years, but Marketplace does pose it's own set of challenges.  We have had (and will continue to have) many internal discussions about what features to introduce at what time and Marketplace did rank high on that list.  Right now, we're really focused on the social aspects like chat (both IM and group) and getting those right.  So, keep checking in here and when I have more info on that portion of it I'll announce it here first!  🙂

• Like 5

I asked this early doors yesterday as a question for the land group meeting, the update given wasn't very detailed, but they did state it's still in development, and will focus primarily on chat (at first), IOS app first, android afterwards.

Should point out that I bugged, erm, pestered, uhm, asked the Lindens early doors as it had come up a lot in various group chats, so it was good that even though info is still scant, we got a confirmation that the apps are in development.

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
clarity
  • Like 2

• Lindens

I've got a little gossip, but not sure how juicy it is.  😆  Android app is in the works!  We went with iOS first because we have more Residents on iOS devices, not because we don't love our Android Resis too!  Release for an Android app is going to be a little delayed after iOS because we still have some backend work to do and (in case you hadn't heard) we are frantically working on this eency little project called UPLIFT.  🤣  But, we're still working on what we can along side iOS.  Once we have a beta version of it that we can open up for you all to bang on, I'll drop an announcement in here so you all can sign up. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

I've got a little gossip, but not sure how juicy it is.  😆  Android app is in the works!  We went with iOS first because we have more Residents on iOS devices, not because we don't love our Android Resis too!  Release for an Android app is going to be a little delayed after iOS because we still have some backend work to do and (in case you hadn't heard) we are frantically working on this eency little project called UPLIFT.  🤣  But, we're still working on what we can along side iOS.  Once we have a beta version of it that we can open up for you all to bang on, I'll drop an announcement in here so you all can sign up. 

Looking forward to the announcement :) 

Please keep us updated on the latest developments. 

• Like 2

• Lindens
On 9/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, Trinity1776 said:

I was really hoping for a reduced resolution 3d viewer. Just enough to get users around to sales and events (and allow communication and purchases) when one is away from home.

Hi Trinity!

Yeah, at this time we are focused on the non-graphical aspects for a mobile viewer.  That's not to say that some kind of graphics won't be available further down the line, but right not we're just focused on IM, followed by group chat, group and friendship management.  Once we have those tackled for both iOS and Android, we'll start working on another set of features, and I promise to give you all a sneak peek at what those will be just as soon as we have that feature set decided on.  Next year is going to be an exciting one for SL Mobile! 😁

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi Trinity!

Yeah, at this time we are focused on the non-graphical aspects for a mobile viewer.  That's not to say that some kind of graphics won't be available further down the line, but right not we're just focused on IM, followed by group chat, group and friendship management.  Once we have those tackled for both iOS and Android, we'll start working on another set of features, and I promise to give you all a sneak peek at what those will be just as soon as we have that feature set decided on.  Next year is going to be an exciting one for SL Mobile! 😁

I missed this news! Thank you!

On 9/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, Keira Linden said:

Can you imagine if the initial release is during the Pandemic? None of us will get any work done!

On 9/24/2020 at 4:10 PM, Keira Linden said:

Hi Axel!

It's my hope it won't be years, but Marketplace does pose it's own set of challenges.  We have had (and will continue to have) many internal discussions about what features to introduce at what time and Marketplace did rank high on that list.  Right now, we're really focused on the social aspects like chat (both IM and group) and getting those right.  So, keep checking in here and when I have more info on that portion of it I'll announce it here first!  🙂

@Keira LindenThis is great news!

If you need users to test this on iOS and provide honest feedback during the development process, I have TestFlight ready. Drop me an invite code. 🤩

Edited by davidventer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The app was great when I tested it. Now it says the Beta is no longer available. I am assuming the test has ended.

When working on the app, I hope accessibility is a priority. So far it is accessible, but that might become a bit more challenging once graphics are introduced down the line. If there is a screen reader accessible SL app the revenue potential for LL will be huge!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CeleneHighwater said:

The app was great when I tested it. Now it says the Beta is no longer available. I am assuming the test has ended.

When working on the app, I hope accessibility is a priority. So far it is accessible, but that might become a bit more challenging once graphics are introduced down the line. If there is a screen reader accessible SL app the revenue potential for LL will be huge!

was the NDA over?  that's the question you should look at right now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.