What is wrong with My avatar?

Elorah Neximus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My skin looks like I don't have one on at all its a tan color and no really visible features like its a skin template, I have tried changing My skin, clearing My cache, rebake, downloading a different viewer, and doing the character test but nothing seems to help and My clothes wont appear over the skin either....I am on phoenix / impudence viewer

4 answers to this question

First make sure you are logged in in advanced mode. Then make sure you have your advanced menu activated by going to Me, Preferences, Advanced, Show Advanced Menu. Then go to your advanced menu and click Rebake, or you can press Ctrl Alt R to rebake. Make sure your inventory has loaded and that you are not in a super laggy sim.

Elorah Neximus wrote:

My skin looks like I don't have one on at all its a tan color and no really visible features like its a skin template, I have tried changing My skin, clearing My cache, rebake, downloading a different viewer, and doing the character test but nothing seems to help and My clothes wont appear over the skin either....I am on phoenix / impudence viewer

You need to go into the Advanced menu at the top of the screen, click on "character", "character test","test male/female).  This will bring your avatar back to its "factory setting".  And then just go into your inventory and rebuild your avatar with your favourite skin, shape, clothes, HUDs, etc.

It is useful to make a separate folder (mine is entitled "Emergency Marigold") to make this process quicker in the future.  Then once you've done the character test, you can just type in "emergency" into the inventory's search box, and drag the right folder straight across to your avatar, thus bringing your avatar back to its normal state instantly.

You said that you cleared your cache. The question is, did you chear it correctly?

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If you use different users (as you said) you must do it for all of them following the same path in your drive disk.

For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

If you choose the uninstallation it is not enough again to uninstall only the one viewer. You must to unistall all of them, restart your computer and install again.

After that you must to log in a protected land without lag like Smith . There you must to open her inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one and after to try to change outfit choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

I hope that to fix your problem. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.