My L$ just dissapeared...

Al Tomasso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On saturday 14th of may, L$ just dissapeared from my account. the amount was 300L$. people told me to look at my transaction history. I did looked into it and there is no where to be shown where the L$ has been gone to... Then people told me it will probably will be back in a few days, as this is a common problem of SL... untill the day of now, I still haven't got it back... I never used it to pay something, i clicked on my L$ inworld at my L$ tab, and suddenlty the L$ was gone... I did reported a file into the support section, but the SL support seems to be sh*t... and i wan't my money back... WTF is SL doing, stealing my money!

I CHECKED MY TRANSACTION HISTORY, I AM NOT STUPID...

11 answers to this question

Your transaction history must hold the answer, otherwise the numbers wouldn`t tally.

Set the dates to show the last 30 days and look down the list until you see a balance that you know was correct, then check every entry after that to see what money has gone in & out of your account to get to the balance that you have now.

If your problem is that the balance on your transaction history is different from the one shown inworld, then that isnt` too much of a problem, so long as the website has the right balance your money is safe.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

i have never come across any lindens disappearing without being listed in the transaction history (the one on the frickin website). but if your balance from one day to the next really does show 300 less -with no trace anywhere- i would definitely create a ticket so that it can be looked into.

if you get an answer it would be interesting if you posted back here so we can be informed of what happened and perhaps be able to assist others.

and btw - i don't see anyone here calling you stupid. lashing out at people giving you of their time and wanting to help is not cool.

• Like 1

Al Tomasso wrote:

I CHECKED MY TRANSACTION HISTORY, I AM NOT STUPID...

No one suggested that you were stupid, what we tried to find out is WHERE you are missing 300L. If you have looked at your transaction history and the 300L is still there, then it has not disappeared, been stolen or gone missing

So, you must be saying that 300L is not showing on your account balance on the viewer inworld & THAT is where we have said not to worry about it, because that balance often shows the wrong amount & even though it is annoying it is not  your "real" balance. There are a number of ways that people try to get the inworld balance to show the correct amount, they include:

Clicking it

Pressing Ctrl Alt B

Getting someone to send you 1L

Buying a freebie inworld

Changing your active group tag

Relogging

Ignoring it and waiting for it to start behaving again.

The only time you need to be concerned is when your transaction history is wrong and if (for example) you had 800L and it now says you have 500L there HAS to be a 300L entry on there somewhere. Unless it literally has a wrong calculation such as 900L - 100L = 500L and if that is the case it would explain our confusion, since we have never seen that happen before & that would most definately be cause for concern.

I hope that clarifys what we are trying to tell you & if not you will need to give more details about exactly where you are looking and what it says.

If its been showing wrong for a week then I can totally understand your frustration, it is usually just a temporary glitch that doesn`t last more than a session or a day. Have you tried logging in on a different viewer to see if it shows correctly there and maybe it will kickstart the other one.

Sorry I hadn`t seen your comment here before I made my other post...Thats one of the frustrations that we are currently dealing with here, comments don`t show when you look at the entire thread. Its probably better to edit your original post to add more info as that will more likely get seen & stop us all telling you the same things and making you want to slap us lol :)

Hmmm, perhaps if your money is showing on the website but not inworld you can find someone you trust that will pay you back and give them 300l to test out the system. If you have it you will give it to them, if not, you really don't have any monies.

If you don't have any one you trust, you can buy something that costs 300l to test out the system, if it works you will know that your money is good and you will know exactly where your money went.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.