my account is apparently on hold. what do i do?

Question

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Volkssturm9585 said:

when i try to sign in this message pops up "Your account is currently on hold. You will be redirected to submit a support case in 30 seconds. If you would like to sign in with a different Second Life account, please click Logout." what should i do to fix this mess?

Are really that stupid that you can't think of a reason why your account is on hold?
Here's a little quote from Wikipedia for you, see if that rings a bell:

The Volkssturm (German pronunciation: [ˈfɔlks.ʃtʊɐ̯m], "people's storm") was a national militia established by Nazi Germany during the last months of World War II. It was not set up by the German Army, the ground component of the combined German Wehrmacht armed forces, but by the Nazi Party on the orders of Adolf Hitler, and its existence was only officially announced on 16 October 1944. It was staffed by conscripting males between the ages of 16 and 60 years who were not already serving in some military unit. The Volkssturm comprised one of the final components of the total war promulgated by Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, part of a Nazi endeavor to overcome their enemies' military strength through force of will.

Get it now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

An account can be placed on hold for a number of reasons. 

• you committed some serious violation of the Terms of Service and someone submitted an Abuse Report. 
  • someone else got access to your account, and that person committed the violation. 
  • Your credit card expired and LL was not able to bill you for land tier or Premium dues
  • your account was used to launder money. Did someone recently send you a large gift of $L?
  • Did you recently buy $L from a source other than the official Linden Exchange?
  • LL has made a mistake (it does happen, but not often)

You should do what the message suggests and submit a support case to ask why you account is on hold.  Do that by clicking the Connect With Us > Support link at the bottom of this page.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Volkssturm9585 said:

when i try to sign in this message pops up "Your account is currently on hold. You will be redirected to submit a support case in 30 seconds. If you would like to sign in with a different Second Life account, please click Logout." what should i do to fix this mess?

And to expand on what Fritigern said

You may not select as your Account Name any name that Linden Lab determines may cause deception or confusion; may violate any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right or mislead other users regarding your identity or affiliation; or any name that Linden Lab determines in its sole discretion to be vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Volkssturm9585 said:

to start the fix process then do what is asked of you.  Submit a support case and asking why your account is on hold. The Support team will then enter into a conversation with you

edit add: what Lindal said

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Volkssturm9585 said:

Do what the message says.  And only a week old?  

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

:SwingingFriends: iif they really would enforce this lóts would loose their name.

Thats not what the quoted part means. It just informs you, that aside from the perviously stated rules, LL reserves the right to bann accounts on a case by case base. If they decide "Alwin Alcott" is offensive next Monday, they could do that. It does not mean, that they need to act on all questionable names. When in doubt, an AR is the way to go. Honestly, in this case I assume thats exactly what happened.