Importing Meshes Into Agati?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all! I am kinda really new to modeling and texturing (and Second life in general). ^.^

I have been searching for what I need but I can't seem to find it. :<

I can upload my meshes into the beta test grid just fine, but when I use my Phoenix Viewer, my models turn into flat models with the texture plastered on. Is there a way that I am overlooking to get my meshes in game after uplosding them to my inventory?

I am not clear on what you are asking. What mesh products have you purchased? Mesh is still in beta and I doubt any content creator is selling a beta product which can only be used in the beta grid. 

You can't import mesh objects to the main grid because mesh is not available on the main grid yet. Mesh right now only works in the beta grid. 

Also like I said before Phoenix does not support mesh, so even if mesh was available on the main grid you would not be able to see these objects properly if you are using Phoenix. 

Basically what I am asking is how people upload custom avatar heads and items into the game, such as chairs, pillows, ect. Things that people have created using an outside program. I am sorry, I am new to this and I am just now grasping how certain things work. X3

I think you're not talking about mesh but about sculpts - mesh isn't on the main grid yet, so it's not for sale. Sculpts are a poor-mans-mesh and work differently, you might want to look at sculpt tutorials if you're interested in that. Otherwise, just wait for mesh - whenever it's going to go live.

Sculpts are uploaded as textures of a special kind. The RGB values represent X/Y/Z points in space, with neighboring points "connected" to form a surface. These textures can be created in many different ways, typically with 3D programs. Once you have the texture, you upload it as such. Then you rez a prim, change it's type to "sculpt" and you can apply a "sculpt map" - the texture you uploaded. Voila, sculptie :)

Here's a starting point on sculpts: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sculpt

Mesh might replace sculpts entirely, depending on some not yet final decisions of LL, or they may coexist - we'll see.

• 1 month later...

You need the latest development viewer which you can find at http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-development/latest.html Then you need to go to a mesh region - lookup "mesh" in world map.

The import options only appear if you are on a parcel where you have build pemission. Some of the mesh regions have restricted permissions, including the Mesh City regions which are restricted to the CPB group. Look at the permissions in About Land and find a region where you can build.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.