Bizarre behaviour from wiki

don't know if this affects anyone else, but when i copy/paste from the LSL wiki,  it will bork a script.

i copy pasted  a simple changed event ( changed inv ) , and it triggered in my obj on every touch event,

but when i erased if from the script and manually wrote the event, it worked fine.

anyone else?... anyone?.. Beuller?

21 minutes ago, Xiija said:

i copy pasted  a simple changed event ( changed inv ) , and it triggered in my obj on every touch event,

What exactly did you try to copy (link or copy it here), and are you 100% sure you pasted what was expected? Does it happen again? It's not impossible that there could have been extra stuff in the clipboard, but it'd more likely cause a syntax error.

the copy was just a quick grab from the changed page... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Changed

changed(integer change)
    {
        //note that it's & and not &&... it's bitwise!
        if (change & CHANGED_INVENTORY)         
        {
            llOwnerSay("The inventory has changed.");
        }

i've had this problem before when snaggin code for other scripts, and when i use the  snippet copied

from the wiki, the script fails weirdly, but when i type it out manually, it works fine.

(from my post in animesh forum, i used ... llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SOUND,0);  )

anyhoo, i guess rachel is on to something, and i will hand type stuff from now on :) ty

Edited by Xiija
  • Like 1