SL VIEWER AND FIRESTORM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Just for sanity - and to avoid having to wipe a laptop! - maybe try using a different account? If you don't already have an alt, this would be the time to create one "for science" but you could choose a nice name anyway, just in case the alt wants attention later.

Well I don't have a alt and it was doing it on the sl viewer and also I was not logged in it's the loading screen 

10 hours ago, SLIM Barrowstone said:

Well I don't have a alt and it was doing it on the sl viewer and also I was not logged in it's the loading screen 

Got it. If it's the "loading screen" that comes during login, it could still be account specific, but still, probably not. You might try opening a command prompt and (assuming Windows), trying:

cd 'C:\Program Files\SecondLifeViewer'
.\SL_Launcher.exe --console TRUE

(other command parameters listed here)

just to see if anything obvious appears while it's trying and failing to load. (The viewer also generates a logfile somewhere, and if it crashes, maybe a dump file, too.)

I'm hoping this is all academic at this point, though, and you've already found a solution. If not, I wonder: Did SL ever run on this laptop before? If so, any hint of what could have changed between then and now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Got it. If it's the "loading screen" that comes during login, it could still be account specific, but still, probably not. You might try opening a command prompt and (assuming Windows), trying:

(other command parameters listed here)

just to see if anything obvious appears while it's trying and failing to load. (The viewer also generates a logfile somewhere, and if it crashes, maybe a dump file, too.)

I'm hoping this is all academic at this point, though, and you've already found a solution. If not, I wonder: Did SL ever run on this laptop before? If so, any hint of what could have changed between then and now?

ty for all the help i just redid my laptop but did not get rid of a few files and its back up and running but thank you all that tried to help 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.