how long does it take to get lindens after buying them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought some lindens on september 11th.  I still do not have them.  I checked and it seems the order did go through.  I have the order number and everything.  I will check with my bank today to confirm and see if they have extra information.

When I placed the order I did choose the option that takes 'longer.'  But, this is taking super long.  I feel there may be an issue?

Can anyone tell me if there is a department or email you can write to at linden labs for issues like this?

ty

Unless you are in no hurry whatsoever, do not use anything other than the Instant Buy option and if you must use Limit Buy, make bloody sure you're using a "reasonable" exchange rate.

The first and last time I bothered with the latter it took about two weeks to fill, even when staying "reasonable".

When you try to buy Linden Dollars at a rate better than the Instant buy (prevailing market rate), you have to wait until those Lindens become available - usually from a seller that is keen to sell quickly, and has offered to sell them at that better rate.

If and when those Linden Dollars  become available, you will likely find that you are at the back of a long line of people trying to buy at that better rate, and thus might never get to see them at all! @Solar Legion has the right advice; if you want the Linden Dollars - use the Instant buy. Otherwise, you might experience a very long wait indeed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Odaks said:

When you try to buy Linden Dollars at a rate better than the Instant buy (prevailing market rate), you have to wait until those Lindens become available - usually from a seller that is keen to sell quickly, and has offered to sell them at that better rate.

If and when those Linden Dollars  become available, you will likely find that you are at the back of a long line of people trying to buy at that better rate, and thus might never get to see them at all! @Solar Legion has the right advice; if you want the Linden Dollars - use the Instant buy. Otherwise, you might experience a very long wait indeed.

ok...  i understand...  is there a way to cancel the order so i can purchase the 'instant buy'?  I'm just trying to figure out what to do.  i'm willing to wait a few more weeks.  but...  then i want to see what else can be done so i can get my lindens or whatever.

Edited by Sandra8675

44 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

is there a way to cancel the order?

@Sandra8675 - yes, there is. You must be in the main website for SL. I can't be done from the inworld "Buy L$" system.

Go to your Dashboard ↠ Linden Exchange ↠ Manage ↠ Lindex Order History.

From there, you can find your unfilled order listed under "Your Open Orders". There is a function to cancel it there somewhere. Its been a long time since I did that and I can't remember exactly where it is but I think you'll find it ok.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 1:43 AM, Odaks said:

There is a function to cancel it there somewhere. Its been a long time since I did that and I can't remember exactly where it is but I think you'll find it ok.

Its exactly where you described it to be.
Thanks. Just made me able to delete the order ive done months ago :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.