Authentication

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

great... next to the zillion facebook trackers here we also need to share google what we do, spend and tell... "..... your account is still safe...." sure.

Just remember this is on my website that has the IPB software this is in no way saying they are going to put google authenticator or any other type of two factor on here :P I actually don't have google authenticator enabled on my site, I just did it for the picture hehe.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zack Massiel said:

Just remember this is on my website that has the IPB software this is in no way saying they are going to put google authenticator or any other type of two factor on here :P I actually don't have google authenticator enabled on my site, I just did it for the picture hehe.

i might be even worse :) ... log in here with FB    :)

After my last comments my man said it was the mboard software and something new they added on the update.

Ewwww Google Authenticator.  I hate something needs to use a smart phone to work.  One of my vendors for my bar has 2FA for the ordering system. It requires the Google thing and since I'm one of 11 people on the planet without a smart phone, couldn't do it. After calling them they set it up so I could order the old way, but only until end of the year.  I have since found a new vendor.

That page was intentionally disabled.

The way Second Life's Forums work is that it pulls data from data server into the forums when you log in. So that page is disabled, along with other pages such as email settings, password settings, etc. The reason for this, is because whenever you log into the forums, those settings will be overwritten with the data from the data server(account wide settings).

IIRC, links there used to redirect to some page at https://secondlife.com/my/, but I think the recent forum update killed that modification.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

5 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

That page was intentionally disabled.

The way Second Life's Forums work is that it pulls data from data server into the forums when you log in. So that page is disabled, along with other pages such as email settings, password settings, etc. The reason for this, is because whenever you log into the forums, those settings will be overwritten with the data from the data server(account wide settings).

IIRC, links there used to redirect to some page at https://secondlife.com/my/, but I think the recent forum update killed that modification.

Hitting the E-mail Address setting category still redirects to the main, Linden Lab relevant page.

The revision of the Forum's look seems to have had a number of Unintended Consequences.  I now get a "page does not exist" error from several links, and the "security and privacy" option on the Profile Settings page is not the only one that's unconnected to anything rational.  Trying "email address" took me to my Account Overview page!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.