Premium Membership

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After 12 and one half years , i was forced to become a premium member when i suddenly lost my original second chosen name after having it for over three years, the only way to to regain any similar name to it was to become a premium, before the day it dissapeared i tried changing back to it at least five times, with out any succes, it kept going back to my original Second life name that was twelve years old! I sent in ticket after ticket and got tired of waiting for a response after two weeks!

I joined Premium, first i must say that I have had full sims and homestead sims almost since i started in SL, i really did not need a Linden home especially one i could hardley ever get too due to incredible lag! all i did was get my name back and that cost me 12 dollars a month! ridiculous, why? when you think that in thirteen years i have spent enough money in sl on bodies , clothing , cars , homes and having close to 100 000 items in inventory, never causing trouble, always building and contributing not only to external virtual worlds such as open sim but to giving away free vehicles in sl,  I could have bought my self a real life sports car or a house, !!! and even thoiugh i enjoy every second of sl as a n Honnorary member have had clubs and fish hunts since they began that game, i never ever get any satisfying responses to my problems even when i call by phone and living in europe as an American citizen working ??? WHY !

Unfortunately for grave health problems I will be leaving sl soon, I have had a wonderful time but for future members all I can say as an RL business man is that your incentives towards a loyal and faithfull community are very archaic and need revision, I get less help now a days with a Marketplace problem, then i did ten years ago and pay more money !!!

Frankly I think that when I am spending 500 dollars a month on second life products for my pleasure in 2020 i should be gaining a much better quality of assistance then i do at the moment ! THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT, its a wake up call !!! In todays world people deserve to have the quality and respect for paying such incredible amounts of money to just play a game to unstress from the real world, when the game becomes as identically stressing as real life, its become a FAILURE !!! Or at least the service side ! Ty for reading, godbye n good luck

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JonnGrooves Melodious said:

After 12 and one half years , i was forced to become a premium member when i suddenly lost my original second chosen name after having it for over three years, the only way to to regain any similar name to it was to become a premium, before the day it dissapeared i tried changing back to it at least five times, with out any succes, it kept going back to my original Second life name that was twelve years old! I sent in ticket after ticket and got tired of waiting for a response after two weeks!

Are you talking about a display name? Account second names (and first names) have only been changeable this year so how could you have changed it over three years ago?

• Like 2

Just now, Sister Nova said:

Are you talking about a display name? Account second names (and first names) have only been changeable this year so how could you have changed it over three years ago?

Let’s hope not. Because otherwise he just paid over $50 (inc premium) in place of a service that was free 😅

• Like 1

never heared about a name change with only thing preventing it is getting premium.
The only names that get lost when you stop paying are the custom bussiness names at 500 dollars a year.
This sounds to me more like a display name that got reset. Perhaps a bug or characters not longer supported by the system.

• Like 1

Like others here have commented, it does sound like you are talking about the display name, not the username.  Usernames never could be changed prior to the recent addition of that feature for premium accounts. The only caveat to that is that when an older account with a first and last name username added a display name, their account name would from then on display as "first.lastname" in chat and by scripts and never returned to first-space-last when they removed the display name.

For example, my account username is "Markham Weatherwax". If I add a display name like just my first name, it would now display as: Markham (markham.weatherwax). That period between the first and last is really the only real change to how a username is displayed, however it does not change how we older accounts log-in, which is still Firstname Lastname.

I personally have never added a display name to my account, however many of my friends with older accounts with two names (and no period) did and got stuck with that between between the names forevermore. 

I looked at your SL profile and I see where you changed your display name several times 3 months ago, and finally back to JonnLeGroove, which you had 6 years ago. 

I can tell you've already changed your account name. What you have now is nowhere close to what your original account name was (I won't write what your previous account name was for privacy reasons).  You CAN revert back to your original account name, and the last name you originally had IS still available to you to use for name changes. As stated on [This Page], "No one can use your original name. Your original name will always be yours, and you can revert back to it by changing your name again whenever you wish. Your original last name will also be available to you for future name changes." 

What it sounds like is you tried to change your display name many times in one day, and you cannot do that. Not even if you remove it and make it blank. When you change a display name it can take 24 hours to propagate down into all SL servers, and you can only change your display name once every 7 days. That means any change, no matter how slight (like capitalizing one letter). If you attempt to use invalid special characters, it can gummy up the works too. 

If you got a premium account, paid to do a name change, then probably you could immediately after changing your account name also change your display name even if you had changed it a day before when you had the free account (this is only a guess on my part). But, you wasted your money if all you were attempting to do was change your display name

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnGrooves Melodious said:

i was forced to become a premium member when i suddenly lost my original second chosen name after having it for over three years

Fake news. Back to Babushka's basement with you.

I will be leaving sl soon

Do svidanya, comrade Word Salad. You will be 'sorely missed'.

• Haha 2

After 12 and one half years , i was forced to become a premium member when i suddenly lost my original second chosen name after having it for over three years, the only way to to regain any similar name to it was to become a premium, before the day it dissapeared i tried changing back to it at least five times, with out any succes, it kept going back to my original Second life name that was twelve years old!

I think you should have taken a bit more time to fully understand account names and display names.  Account names never disappear and you were never allowed to change them until a few months ago.

I think you let your frustration get the best of you and it cost you $$ and you still don't fully understand it all.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I dont even know why i talk here all of you are not understandable at all ! i call LL direct at least they know what they are talking about they are nice, and understand and dont say stupid comments like babushka what kind of help is that????  you r all know it alls looking to be pinned with points lol silly peeps

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.