How come SL does not automatically add the right fee for the land when your premium and has 1048 extra.

Question

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Anna May said:

How come SL does not automatically add the right fee for the land when your premium and has 1048 extra.

We are going to need a bit more info on that.  I do not understand what you mean by "the right fee" and "has 1048 extra".

Anna, we do need more information!

But let me make some assumptions here.  I'm going to assume you are a Premium member, and own 1024 square meters of Mainland.  I'm also going to assume that you bought, or are considering buying, an additional 1048 square meters.

In that case, your total Mainland ownership would be 1024+1048 = 2,072 square meters.  You get the first 1024 free of tier, as part of your Premium membership.  The remaining 1048 would put you above the 1024 tier level of $7 per month, and into the 2048 tier level...so you would pay $13 per month.

You could avoid this by creating a group, donating your tier to the group, and buying the land for that group.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus.  By owning the land through a group, you could own as much as (1024 free + 1024 paid) x 1.10 = 2,240 sq m., and still keep your tier payment at $7 per month.

Another possibility:  If you acquired the additional land, but it was on a private estate and not mainland, then that would not affect your tier situation at all.  On a private estate, you're leasing the land from the estate owner, and pay them weekly or monthly in $L.

• Like 1

Lindal your right, i am a premium number. they charged me for 2048 22 linden incl. vat. 

i saw in land use fee that it should be 7 l, and it said save changes. i did that after they collected 22 l. now its just 7l.

I thought they would have done that automatically, but it seems you have to do it yourself?

I had a bot more land just half a day.

1 hour ago, Anna May said:

What i think you say here is you owned the several lands together for some time, exceeding the 2048 sqm tier level with a bit ..
even owning it for one single second .. would bring the total of the remaining time of the whole billing cycle to the higher tier.
The lowering back to the usd 7 doesn't kick in before the new billing cycle starts.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Anna May said:

Lindal your right, i am a premium number. they charged me for 2048 22 linden incl. vat. 

i saw in land use fee that it should be 7 l, and it said save changes. i did that after they collected 22 l. now its just 7l.

I thought they would have done that automatically, but it seems you have to do it yourself?

Tier is paid in arrears and, as Alwin said, owning even a tiny bit for a single second will incur the charge.  If you had enough land to incur the $22.00 fee for even one second, then when your tier billing date comes around after that moment, you will be charged the $22.00.  Since the tier is charged in arrears, there will always be that one additional payment due after releasing any land that you were paying tier on.

BTW -- I does not actually matter what the little circle is set to on the Land Use Fees page, you will only ever be charged for what you actually did have during the month preceeding the charge.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Anna May said:

i still think this snt fair

didn't you own it?...
couldn't it be you simply wanted more?
couldn't it be you wanted to keep it for the whole billing cycle?

fair ? .. perhaps your feeling says no, but it's business, and not new.