Catwa Skell head problem when blinking

FredWynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you using the included shape?

If not, your eye depth should always be 50, and it is recommended to use the included eyes. Maybe this eyelid issue is caused by too deep or too shallow eye depth. Just my guess.

It is a Catwa users group inworld that's very active and they answer all kind of problems. You can try joining it for faster help: Catwa head friends group.

And also, the CSR of Catwa post here frequently, @Skell Dagger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FredWynn said:

I have a problem with the Catwa Skell head. When he blinks the upper eyelid appears too large and falls below the eye with a very strange effect.
I have tried many types of skins and find the same problem with all. Does anyone know how it can be solved?

Attached image: https://ibb.co/qFTZYJc

could need to adjust the browshaper ( sounds strange but = systemhair)

Catwa CSR here :)

Things to check:

• Eye depth of your shape should - as Marianne has already mentioned - be set to 50. No more than one or two points either side of that
  • Check your eye slider settings. Have you changed them? Check with a fresh copy of the default included starter shape (make sure it's a fresh copy and not one that you may have edited; unpack a new copy of the shape just to be sure). Does it still happen?
  • If not wearing the included brow-shaper, then wear that. As with the shape, if you have made any edits to the brow-shaper then unpack a fresh unedited copy
  • Detach any HUDs that may be animating you. This includes your AO and the Catwa Animation HUD that comes with your head, as well as any other HUDs. Also detach any worn items (such as genitalia) that have built-in animations. Next, right-click your avatar > Appearance > Reset > Skeleton & Animations. Then go into the viewer menu: Avatar > Avatar Health > Reset Animations & Revoke Permissions. Then add your Catwa Animation HUD, start it up again, and check the blink
  • Right-click your avatar's nametag and select 'Gestures' from the menu. Look for any gestures in the list that may be animating your face, then search inventory for them and deactivate them
  • Are you using a Bento AO? Specifically one from Vista with a 'Bento face' option? Whenever I use my Vista Bento face AO version, I notice that 'over-blinking' effect happening. The Bento face versions of Vista AOs are created for Vista's own head mesh, and so - while they will work on other head brands - certain parts of some animations may not look correct

Go over those and let me know if any of them fix the issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.