Stores for skins?

Stiffy Banana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a CATWA Daniel head and a Belleza Jake body but I'm having trouble finding a pair of matching skins for both. I've been to a few shops so far, like Stray Dog, but sadly the selection there is only for heads when I'm looking for full body appliers. I don't really get the point of an applier that is only meant for the head and not the rest of the body, as then the neck downwards is not going to match the face. I'm using something from Avenge currently but I don't think their skins look that great with facial hair which is what I would like to use for my avatar. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TornAsunder said:

I have a CATWA Daniel head and a Belleza Jake body but I'm having trouble finding a pair of matching skins for both. I've been to a few shops so far, like Stray Dog, but sadly the selection there is only for heads when I'm looking for full body appliers. I don't really get the point of an applier that is only meant for the head and not the rest of the body, as then the neck downwards is not going to match the face. I'm using something from Avenge currently but I don't think their skins look that great with facial hair which is what I would like to use for my avatar. 

You don't have to spend anything extra if you don't want to. The Belleza Jake body comes with a Catwa head applier in the folder, which matches to the body's skins.

Also, you walked right past Stray Dog's body skins when you went to their store ;) They're on the wall where the entry door is, just inside. Walk in, then turn around 180°, and you'll see the body skins in front and to the left of you.

48 minutes ago, TornAsunder said:

The body applies are generally a separate purchase at the store.  All the face skins I've purchased had matching body skins nearby.  Usually in all the skin tones and for various body types so be sure to purchase the appropriate one to match.

40 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

You don't have to spend anything extra if you don't want to. The Belleza Jake body comes with a Catwa head applier in the folder, which matches to the body's skins.

Also, you walked right past Stray Dog's body skins when you went to their store ;) They're on the wall where the entry door is, just inside. Walk in, then turn around 180°, and you'll see the body skins in front and to the left of you.

Just now, RowanMinx said:

The body applies are generally a separate purchase at the store.  All the face skins I've purchased had matching body skins nearby.  Usually in all the skin tones and for various body types so be sure to purchase the appropriate one to match.

lol, thanks. I suppose I should have checked the stores more thoroughly. 

I've always read the separate head thing as a convenience thing for the designers. The big name stores have a ton of skins and usually different body style options (curvy, small breasts, athletic, etc),and on top of that they have to consider there  are also different mesh bodies with different mapping that must be accounted for as well. Having the head and body separate  allows them a lot more flexibility and freedom to create new things without the burden of having to constantly update their entire stock of skins should they decide they want to update the body skins or add another niche style. All that said there are stores out there that are still doing full head and body skins or even giving you the option of full  AND  separate layers. I really encourage people to check out flickr when shopping as there are groups you can join that will show you a lot of new products.

Editing this to add that Session makes fully body/face skins for men and women, but there are definitely others out there .

Edited by Laurel Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.