She looked so haggard....

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if you knew this person in SL or RL, Gopi...as you're posting about her here, I'm going to assume SL, and that she was mentally haggard. Obviously this post will read differently if I'm wrong.

She's a person, Gopi...SL really isn't the real world and truly living as a woman is much more complex and multifaceted, and frequently rather boring, than anyone could ever really experience via a digital computer world. Same for men too, I'm very sure. Doing the school run and the weekly shop are main realities of life for many women (some men too, of course, but mostly women). Women as a class still overwhelmingly take on more of the domestic gruntwork in reality, even if they work full time. And despite how often you'll see it fetishised in SL, it doesn't turn many women on in RL from what I've seen. It isn't all long hair and pretty clothes. Many women couldn't care less about those and anyway, they don't make you a woman. Men can have them too. 

I like you very very much, Gopi, I really do. I think you have a huge heart. But women are just people and in reality, despite often being shoehorned into a single stereotype, we are just as messy, contradictory, flawed and changeable as anyone else. It's never a good idea to hinge yourself on one aspect of someone, although sadly within SL, that's very easy to do.

Look after yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

.... At the end of August, an envelope arrived bearing treasure.  Her birth certificate, impossible to find while she didn't know her name, promised answers.  Felix dropped the news while she lounged at his beach house.  Now home, she clung to the name he'd so casually mentioned, and chased herself down.  Ripping open the envelope, she swung wide eyes to the column marked 'Father' ....

• Like 3

On 9/20/2020 at 6:12 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

.... At the end of August, an envelope arrived bearing treasure.  Her birth certificate, impossible to find while she didn't know her name, promised answers.  Felix dropped the news while she lounged at his beach house.  Now home, she clung to the name he'd so casually mentioned, and chased herself down.  Ripping open the envelope, she swung wide eyes to the column marked 'Father' ....

.... is buried at the Morwell cemetery, Victoria.
Taken aback somewhat, she stared at the horizon blankly. Sensing a huge weight of uncertainty and foreboding leave her. This was forever. Eternity, the remainder of her life.  
To be spent with no fear, no apprehension. Such a huge shadow which would no longer cloud her thoughts and feelings - forever.
*camera zooms in to blank stare - lasting 3 minutes and 10 seconds. -> 🤔 
*pans to a random eagle sitting on a tree branch...

AliveFloweryAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Curious, Is this where the word Hag came from?

A logical thought, but it's not quite correct. Although the two do share a relation to hedges. I know, that seems strange, but it's all explained in the links below.
https://www.etymonline.com/word/haggard
https://www.etymonline.com/word/hag

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:
I think of Elsie till this very day
I remember how she´d turned to me and say:

"What good is sitting all alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum!
Come to the cabaret!"

When I go, I'm going like Elsie.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.