I thought quickware alt's was banned from sl? How are people still using it?

Taylor Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Redzone was indeed outlawed in Second Life. This claimed to be able to link alt accounts.

I am sure there must be similar devices inworld, and you can protect yourself by going into "preferences" and disabling media. (Unfortunately this means you can't listen to the music stream).

Personally, though, I would not worry about an alt being outed, but if you arrive in a sim and something gives you cause for concern that it might be disclosing such information about you, submit an Abuse Report via the "help" button inworld, and LL can come in and confirm/remove as necessary.

I think that dissabling media autoplay is enough. Personally I have the autoplay dissabled because my internet just is not so fast and when I tp to an overloaded sim, this seems to add to the rezzing time it demands. But it has been said, if you are in doubt about a certain place, turning off your media previous to teleport to a suspicios place would be a good idea.

Also, if you use Phoenix, each time you go somewhere, even with your media enabled, if the stream you are about to hear isn't in your "white list", it will ask you if you trust it, you can just allow it temporarily, refuse it temporarily, add it to your white list or add it to a blank list that would mean you'll never have your media enabled for that particular stream.

But if you have resons to believe someone, or in somewhere, ips are being collected or alt accounts are being tracked somehow, you should report this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.