Where do I start? Please help!

BarBiiE String

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been back in SL a little over a month after being gone 8 years - and a lot has really changed. Before I left I made make-up & tattoos for classic avatars and I am looking to get back into it but of course I want to jump into BOM for all of the mesh heads ... can someone point me in the direction of the photoshop templates or a good tutorial that I can follow ... 

Also please suggest a few groups in world that would also be helpful to me on this new journey.

Thanks,

BarBiiE String

4 hours ago, BarBiiE String said:

I have been back in SL a little over a month after being gone 8 years - and a lot has really changed. Before I left I made make-up & tattoos for classic avatars and I am looking to get back into it but of course I want to jump into BOM for all of the mesh heads ... can someone point me in the direction of the photoshop templates or a good tutorial that I can follow ... 

Also please suggest a few groups in world that would also be helpful to me on this new journey.

Thanks,

BarBiiE String

You're actually in luck. The process for making BOM makeup and tattoos is for all intents and purposes identical to making them for system avatars.  The graphics for a skin and an applier are exactly the same - the difference is how that texture is delivered. Most popular mesh bodies and heads have "UV" layouts that are based on the system avatar. Since bodies and heads have more built-in detail the locations are more critical, and head makers all have slightly different mapping around eyes, lips, etc. You can probably find developer kits for the heads if you want to get that precise.

Another way of going about it is to get the templates that were used for "Omega" appliers. Omega appliers are designed to be as universal as possible and many head makers support them, although probably not as "perfectly" as using their exact layouts. They have templates you can work with that are based on the default avatar maps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.