Sales went down dramatically from one day to another!

Fergie Finesmith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't get what's happening since monday, suddenly my sales went down  dramatically... I don't get it. Is there any kind of ban, glitch, bug whatever??? I'm getting frustated by this. My store is like 10 years old and it never happened something like that. Please tell me this is temporary system mistake or whatever.

- Monday: I sold only an item during early morning (between 2 am and 5 am)

- Tuesday: 2 items during early morning too (between 2 am and 6 am)

- Wednesday: 4 items during early monting (between 2 am and 4 am)

- Thursday: 2 items during early morning!!!!! ((between 2 am and 4 am)

What is happening here??? 😢 I don't get it. It's like my store is only active on MP during early mornings! what the hell??

I went from selling like 20 items per day to 5 

Last sunday my sales were like heaven! then the nightmare started on monday. What's wrong! am I violating a TOS or what? I need help.

Sorry but not an Universal problem. I had a GREAT day with a mix of inworld, event and Marketplace. Way above what I would have expected (I refreshed the screen twice :D).  Sometimes there are just days when no one buys things.  Likely it will work itself out but doesn't seem to be anything other than randomness. 

I've been selling about one escalator set per day for the past week. One customer complained about a Marketplace redelivery not happening, but about an hour later, the LL Marketplace system delivered. Other than that, no problems.

(People must be building or improving commercial structures big enough to need escalators. That's a good sign for SL; if you build something that big, you're doing something in SL.)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

I don't get what's happening since monday, suddenly my sales went down  dramatically... I don't get it. Is there any kind of ban, glitch, bug whatever??? I'm getting frustated by this. My store is like 10 years old and it never happened something like that. Please tell me this is temporary system mistake or whatever.

You posted about sudden drops in your sales in 2016 and in 2013. What happened after those?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You've never had this happen before? It happens to me all the time. September cash out is usually much lower than average for me. Lots of people going back to school, work, etc. Normally, "summer" is officially over after Labor Day, but a lot of people didn't really have a summer because of COVID, so my summer sales were well above average year over year. Things are finally starting to loosen up with COVID restrictions in a lot of places, and a lot of people didn't have a summer because of the virus. They want out. I think September is going to be well below average just because of the combination of summer ending, COVID restrictions backing off in a lot of places, and people being stressed out.

Think about all the adults who have kids that would normally go on SL, but now their kids are at home all the time because of elearning. Did you really think there wouldn't be a snap back after the huge increase in sales most people saw because of the lock downs? It'll pick back up really quickly when it gets cold again, don't worry. Once flu and cold season starts, everyone who gets a sniffy nose and is heavily invested into the COVID thing is going to think they're going to die. It's going to get a lot worse for most people, but a lot more people will be spending their free time inside in front of a computer.

Whenever it happens I drop by the forums to see what's up. Normally there's some sort of problems going on with the grid, but things seem pretty calm right now. Just be patient, fall is coming and LL is starting to get things moved to the cloud. I don't know if you tried the cloud hosted sim yet, but everything loads extremely quickly, it's like a whole different virtual world. Things are going to be huge when we get cloud hosted sims, it's going to be a huge increase in sales because people are going to want to spend a lot more time in SL. You should try it, it's probably one of the biggest game changers for SL since mesh.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it happens every year around the time school begins and shortly thereafter, some years better or worse than others due to lots of RL activities and expenses happening. With this weird COVID year, any deviation from previous years would not be surprising.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.