Change Password

ByteMoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to create a new password. When i go to the change password box it states passwords must be between 6-16 characters and include a number or symbol. Well I tried that and watched as password would go from Very Weak to Weak then back to Very Weak! Turns out the system wont take a password less than 10 CHARACTERS! Seriously??? Thats longer than my bank account and your directions state 6-16. I spent 20 mins trying to sort this till i just started typing randon numbers and it turns out it must be 10 characters long!

Edited by ByteMoi
simplify question

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

this kind of questions i mostly try to verify, and it worked with 6 characters .. but be sure all of the requirements are in it.

anything less than 32 and I question if the place I'm storing my information at, even thinks about security,  it's a good thing, I can use a 64 max length password with sl. :)

• Like 1

With a password length of 12 it slowly starts to be decent. (as long as it isn't just a slightly altered name) So if it tells you your password is weak then that's correct.

Of course it's totally crap to expect someone to remember plenty of long random passwords. You are forced to use a password safe for handling. There are new auth methods available like fido2 but only Microsoft uses it atm. Definitely too modern for LL. 😁

2FA is missing too. It would be mandantory in my country btw. since a SL account can be used to spend real money. That forces me to use a prepaid card to counter that lack of security.

So if your problem is the minimal password length - congratulations - security is nothing you need to think about - lucky you. 🤣

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.