Nuvya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

Today I loggin in and I could see that my viewer when I started looked something different.

Then when I enter to Second Life  I notice that Firestorm had logged in in Default mode.
So all the settings I had were gone.
Yes,I don't have Backup.
But I would like to know why that happens if until yesterday my viewer had my custom settings and today when I log in, everything is in Default.

Is there a way to get back to the old settings or do i have to set it all up again?

Thank you 

13 minutes ago, Nuvya said:

Hi all!

Today I loggin in and I could see that my viewer when I started looked something different.

Then when I enter to Second Life  I notice that Firestorm had logged in in Default mode.
Yes,I don't have Backup.
But I would like to know why that happens if until yesterday my viewer had my custom settings and today when I log in, everything is in Default.

Is there a way to get back to the old settings or do i have to set it all up again?

Thank you 

Hi Nuvya

That happened to me once but it was after I had a crash and when I went to log in again, all my settings reverted back to default.

AFAIK if you didn't save a back up of your settings, you'll have to redo them. 

It can and does happen. It can lose all for your settings due to a corruption, or something got borked after a viewer crash, or your hard drive had an issue, or really it could many reasons. Something happened when your hard drive was optimizing itself, or during a security scan, or a disk cleanup. Whatever was the cause, the system files didn't get saved or got corrupted. You actually could have had a crash that wasn't exactly a crash (enough to bring up the crash dialog), but enough that your settings got corrupted. 

Your Firestorm settings are saved on your computer, not on the Firestorm servers. 

You do need to save that backup of your settings once you get Firestorm configured again. Make it a routine. Once a week, or month, do a backup. Make a folder in your document folder or on the desktop, go into Firestorm preferences and set your backup path to that, and back them up. Make sure you are careful not to delete that folder on your computer, or have it where someone else can delete it by mistake. And, I'd recommend saving a back up of that backup folder to a disk, usb drive, or even on cloud storage.  You never know when you might need to restore a back up of your backup. :)

Edited by Markham Weatherwax

On 9/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Nuvya said:

Hi all!

Yes,I don't have Backup.

Thank you 

Because there be Dragons. 

For a detailed set of instructions, see Firestorm Wiki - Backup Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.