Experience advice

TheDarkhand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:41 AM, TheDarkhand said:

nvm...Fixed, my system only needed to be adjusted 3 seconds to work, I had it set at 2 before the attach command was sent.

i would suggest putting a time poll (HUD_POLL_TIME) in the HUD before asking for permissions to attach.  The poll checks for the presence of the agent. And delays starting the poll for some quite long time period (HUD_DELAY_TIME). 30-60 seconds to cater for the agent rezzing in fully before the HUD attempts to attach

when the agent is found by the HUD on polling then check if the agent is already in the Experience. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlAgentInExperience

when agent isn't already in the Experience then we know the agent will be prompted via dialog to join the experience which can take the agent some time to respond too, in which case the HUD can allow more time (HUD_DIE_TIME) for this before it gives up and llDie().  HUD informing rezzer that it gave up on agent before it dies

the rezzer doesn't rez another HUD for the agent until it gets the "gave up" message from the HUD previously issued. Or rezzer never gets the "attached ok" from the HUD after some time not less than HUD_POLL_TIME + HUD_DELAY_TIME + HUD_DIE_TIME

Edited by Mollymews
HUD_
  • Like 3

Ok, so I looked into this and found a few issues.

I tested with a grid-scope experience my partner has allowed.

I tested in an empty sandbox with no objects or agents, but my test object and myself.

My partner was logging into the region of which they had never been to before.

Apparently, llAgentInExperience() returns a false negative up to 2 seconds after they logged in to the region.

During that time, executing llRequestExperiencePermissions() does not cause a permissions request dialog to be generated by their viewer.

There is also no immediate experience_permissions() or experience_permissions_denied() event triggered.

experience_permissions_denied() does trigger after 5 minutes with error XP_ERROR_REQUEST_PERM_TIMEOUT.

So without actual feedback or error codes, dealing with a logging-in agent means you're stuck with delaying/timing requests and retrying after # seconds in anticipation of failure.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Apparently, llAgentInExperience() returns a false negative up to 2 seconds after they logged in to the region.

2 seconds? Recently, Simon Linden put in a 2 second (max) delay which prevents scripts from running until either the avatar has fully arrived in a region, or 2 seconds have elapsed. It's supposed to fix a problem with errors of "agent not found" with vehicles after sim crossings. But it has side effects. Could that be the problem here?

The sim sees avatars at login before the user sees the world. I get a cute confirmation of this when I log in. I have NPCs at my place which come to greet me. They're often already in front of me saying hello before login finishes.

(Lucia, you missed the last Server User Group, where this 2 second thing came up. IM me for more info if you need it.)

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.