Sci-Fi Roleplaying Sims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've got an itch to play Science Fiction-related sims, on part-inspiration from watching [i]Firefly[/i] but I can't find any good ones that take themselves seriously, are active at all times of the day, and have mature communities behind them. I realize, however, that getting "quality" RP is asking for too much, especially with whom frequents Second Life.

- I'm not really asking for folks who have degrees in English, but I would like to look for players who are literate in English.

- I'm looking for sims that are open to any concept, instead of being themed to a specific show or what-have-you.

- Splintered Rock/Al Raqis is out of the question. (I have nothing against Splintered Rock and its owners, but to be honest they've been on quite the downfall in terms of the quality of RP.)

Is there a list of Science Fiction-related roleplaying sims that fit this criteria?

Hello Kurama. Something else you can do is to search about other users who have sci-fi in their interests in their web profiles To do that type in your browser's adress bar the following url. You can also copy it and paste there:

https://my.secondlife.com/interests/sci+fi

You can contact those users in world for more info about sci fi roleplaying sims.

Good luck.

Try Doomed ship, Insilico, Neconom, Shadowrun, the next day.  Recently I've realised that no matter where you go there will be people who like your rp and people who hate it.  People have different ideas for how rp is meant to be done and have there own charicters.  Some people like me might beleave that furries or anime avs have no place in a serious rp sim.  So be careful what type of av you use in each sim.     

If you really want to do your type of rp, try find a group of people who want to do that style or rp and find a sim which maches your theme.  The only problem there is that each sim has different rules and they might not like your style of rp.   Other than that is buy a sim and start building :)

It is a shame the way you feel about Splintered Rock. Roleplays will always have their moments of dryness. At the moment there is an idea thats being explored and to encourage other sim group to feel welcome anf joining Splintered Rock to enable roleplayers to carry on playing in a diversity of sims.

Exogenesis was an amazing one & I myself am also trying to find something that is good. I don't like the sex/tentacle aspects of a few sims I've visited. I'm watching this topic. Unfortunately I myself do not have any ideas that haven't been mentioned already for the op

• 2 months later...

Hello my name is Smoke Fang and I to am Into the sci-fi RP, I have A group that i am trying to rebuild we are known as the X-fighter's and it may be for you, the only thing is, we have went to SR. I think that it is the role player's that make the rp sim good so why not come and help me and the rest of the one's wanting the best rp to make the sim what it could be.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Since 2011 Splintered Rock has gone through a lot of changes. Because the sim builders are so passionate about it, there is always re-invention going on to the ever-changing desert landscape. As far as roleplay goes, there is a lot happening, both freeform (all players welcome - respect the sim rules) and pre-arranged. Several regular, themed sessions are held each week. The sims (currently it spans at least 6, the North and South deserts) opened up to enable interchange between all sci-fi games, through the unique sim setting and culture. There are two levels - space and surface world. Some of the organised rp is political regarding events occuring throughout the week discussed at court. Some is normal people visiting the towns and deserts, interacting with the locals. The city Al Raqis has wonderful assortment of roleplay locations and opportunities. No open weapons to be worn within the city - in the desert you will need to be armed. Do not enter Desertborn territory. Seriously recomend visiting and exploring the Araxes sims, they are a lot more exciting than many other SL sf sims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.