Other themes we'd like to see

Rabid Cheetah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know it will be a long time coming, given the need to finish all log regions and start on the stilts, but I've been thinking about more variety to Belli.  Right now, you've got the wealthy suburbs (Trads and Vics), beachy area (Houseboats, Trailers, Stilts), and woodlands (Cabins and Trailers).  These are more of the houses I'm familiar with:

Chicago Bungalows

Rogers_Park_Manor_Bungalow_Historic_Ditr

A more urban vibe.  Like New York apartments with a front step

rentstabvsrentcontrol.0.jpg

Linden could make the interiors of most of the apartments in a building solid blocks, then have a single empty apartment for folks to move into, per 512 m2 parcel.  Or 1024 for a luxury high-rise

high-rise.jpg

They'd have a built in elevator, and would be more spacious than Trads and Vics due to the habitable area being up in the air, beyond 15 meters high -- no one would be building outside, then, so might as well have the apartments span the entire 512 or 1024 meters, right up to the parcel boundary.

I'd also like to see a rural theme.  Not just trailers, or the creative person who selected red for their outside color and the Trad that looks most like a barn, with a 14 meter high windmill next to it.  Farmland.  Wheat fields.  Corn.  Soybean.  Silos.  Stuff like that.

Space-theme would be cool, too -- though we do already have Horizons.  Maybe rooms on the International Space Station/DS9, way up at 2000 meters high.

Snow cabins.

Well, enough of that for now.  I'm just thinking out loud.  Does anyone else have some ideas/a wishlist for other themes they'd like to see?

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 7

I played with the apartment idea too, which brought me to quite the same concept. Smaller buildings like in your second photo, could be made as a full representation of a real one, with large rooms on each level. A skyrise area would be interesting too, where the living area of each building could be a penthouse. Some games implemented that when they added "housing" features. Obviously, the whole exterior of the building would have to look nice though, to avoid a really weird and low quality "cityscape" when looking up to the buildings from the street, for example. It shouldn't be a problem though, it just takes some more work on making large mesh building exteriors.

What I would really like to see implemented, is a desert or semi-desert area, in the middle of a landmass, or separately, which would give the proper feeling of being in an arid environment. But of course, if I want to see deserted areas with quite appropriate terrain textures, half of mainland is suitable for that too, so probably a desert theme for LH wouldn't be too popular. A properly made desert would look really cool, though :) (Just not literally, as it would be quite hot, and dry.)

• Like 3

I am still advocating for the next 512 to be dinky thatched cottages, as a semi-replacement for Elderglen. They could serve as a nice transition between woodland and a rural farmhouse setting.

I'd love an urban setting but it's really hard to achieve that kind of density while still giving people the privacy and security they demand. I think given the choice between an otherwise empty high-rise and a skybox I'd probably opt for the skybox.

• Like 3

After they get all the 'core 8' done... I would love if theme 9 and 10 were a mini-version of 'the top 3 themes' packed together - but on G land, and A land, and with at least a 2-region but sailable / driveable gap between them and 'M rated' bellisseria.

That's my big ask. Basically a 'half Horizons' but with Bellisseria's covenant and locked to prefabs.

• Like 1

If they do go urban, I hope it's not top-end of the financial spectrum, like their suburban Vics and Trads are.  In fact, I'd like more suburbs, if they weren't so exclusive looking.  I think that's what turns me off to those two themes.  They're too "Lake Forest" or "North Shore Creampuff" -- People in the Chicago area will understand that, or anyone who remembers the films of John Hughes.  I know it's cool to have fantasy homes in great neighborhoods, but I'd also like to see some stuff that's a bit more realistic for the majority of the population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
20 hours ago, seeno29 said:

When patch and the rest of the lindens and moles were talking about the next linden home themes, they all agreed that theme number 8 is their favorite and i have a feeling or at least I hope it's an urban theme, 'cuz I think they said it's different from all other themes, so urban theme is coming and that's what i want. 

I think I prefer #9, which is really very cool if you like that style (which I do, rather more than I like #8, though #8 is certainly going to be amazing by the time it's finished).    

• Like 5
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I think I prefer #9, which is really very cool if you like that style (which I do, rather more than I like #8, though #8 is certainly going to be amazing by the time it's finished).    

teaser teaser  🙄

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.