I made it to page 1 of in my Marketplace category, and how MP actively supresses 0L listings.

Tikuf Arun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel honored that my product the TMT Pose Stand can be featured so prominently, so often, and so fraudulently on the marketplace.

While as far as I can understand my listing, though older by years, the only difference I can see is that I don't charge Linden for the TMT Pose Stand, and for that reason my own listing is suppressed, even when searching keywords.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as trying to raise the listing within the category?

My Listing: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TMT-Pose-Stand/1265232

PoseStands.jpg

• Thanks 2

i just like to say that I have always liked your pose stand. I use myself and is the one I recommend to others whenever asked

i realise that you were wanting to do a good thing, but I always wondered why you made the permissions Copy + Transfer, given that we can give anyone who asks the link to the Marketplace. Permissions which lead to scammy people taking advantage as they do

not sure what you can do it about it now tho

2 hours ago, Tikuf Arun said:

that I don't charge Linden for the TMT Pose Stand, and for that reason my own listing is suppressed, even when searching keywords.

Why dont you ask for 1-30 LD at least? Thats stil as cheap as it can be, and your product will not be supressed anymore.
And as much as i like the idea about sharing useful things for free - i would have paid way more for a pose stand like yours.

The real issue is that pose stand is just too generic a search term and so many pose stands are in different categories and subcategories, and many items have pose and stand in the descriptions and keywords, it is darned impossible to sort and display. If the user selects price high to low, it will display one from the gadgets category, another from the animation category, and business/retail/pose stands, etc., randomly, on the main results page. Yours is named TMT so it would be far down list alphabetically. If they select best selling, you'd think yours would be near or at the top, but again, unless the customer goes down to the business category, then to retail, pose stands, they are seeing a mix and match selection from all the different categories on the main page results. Selecting rating high to low, yours is the top one listed.

If I were looking for a pose stand for myself I'd probably not even think of looking into the business category, but if I did go there, retail would not be a category I would select or even think to look in right off the bat, if ever. Pose Stands really should be a subcategory under avatar accessories. LL should consider moving that over to there.

So, there is no way to increase your relevance listing except possibly by spamming keywords, however, sometimes spamming keywords can drop your items relevance because it is not specific enough. Searching for "pose stand" it will return more relevant by using simple keywords terms, like "Professional Pose Stand, Pose Stand, Free Pose Stand," rather than using the scatter-gun keywords you are using now, "Pose Stand, Posestand, Animation Stand, TMT, TMT Professional pose Stand, Pro Stand, Professional Pose Stand, Too Much Time, Tikuf, pose, avatar posestand, stand," yada yada yada.

Relevance really is a esoteric thing, changing, evolving, de-evolving, based on voodoo and mumbo jumbo, anyway. *chuckles*

• Moderators

Greetings!

Avatar Accessories are for items that are added or attached to your avatar that do not actually change your avatar itself. 

Think of accessories you would buy in any clothing store. Jewelry, watches, wigs, brooches, sun glasses, hats, etc. 

A pose stand would not be considered an accessory that you would wear.  

The SLExchange/XstreetSL Marketplace put Pose Stands in the Business - Retail section since most pose stands at that time were used by merchants & businesses to allow their customers to test or "try on" a pose before purchasing the item. 

If you believe that Pose Stands should be located in another section of the Marketplace, for instance under the Gadgets category, then we encourage you to file a Jira ticket and request that the category choice for Pose Stands be updated. 

The Web/Marketplace team will log all Marketplace Category requests and at some point in the future, when enough valid requests have been made, another Marketplace Category Update will be scheduled for implementation. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

Avatar Accessories are for items that are added or attached to your avatar that do not actually change your avatar itself. 

Think of accessories you would buy in any clothing store. Jewelry, watches, wigs, brooches, sun glasses, hats, etc. 

A pose stand would not be considered an accessory that you would wear.  

The SLExchange/XstreetSL Marketplace put Pose Stands in the Business - Retail section since most pose stands at that time were used by merchants & businesses to allow their customers to test or "try on" a pose before purchasing the item. 

If you believe that Pose Stands should be located in another section of the Marketplace, for instance under the Gadgets category, then we encourage you to file a Jira ticket and request that the category choice for Pose Stands be updated. 

The Web/Marketplace team will log all Marketplace Category requests and at some point in the future, when enough valid requests have been made, another Marketplace Category Update will be scheduled for implementation. 

That makes sense. Thank you for the clarification. :)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments, I've taken them and tested what was suggested and have some results for that are interested. Also I never would have guessed that was the purpose of the "Pose Stand" category was for that, different times.

Changing the MP listing, though still within the business/retail/pose stands from 0L to 1L.

Within 72 hours, the listings posting had changed from an unknown page beyond 96+ to page 1. A very impressive improvement indeed.

Thank You to those who said they would have paid for this pose stand. But I hope you appreciate at it's core it was designed to be shared unrestricted. Charging anything other than 0L is I believe a restrictive practice, when it might be needed most, such as new player who starts with 0L, though more importantly breaks the spirit of the products own license. (CC 3.0)  As a compromise, perhaps a creative solution could be to "winrar trial" it, by utilizing the "demo" function of marketplace and clearly indicating that the demo is just the full product.

Thanks for the rant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.