no ground/floor no walls

konaraven1488303862

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Maybe you are in basic mode and going to advanced mode would help?

You can select Basic or Advanced mode from the login screen:

1. If you're currently logged in, close the Second Life Viewer to log out.
  2. Open the Second Life Viewer.
  3. Select Basic or Advanced from the Mode dropdown.
  4. Click Quit.
  5. Open the Second Life Viewer again. The Mode now shows your selection.
  6. Log in with your username and password.

Try going to me->preferences->setup and press the Reset button next ot the cache location field. The log out and in again and see if that helps. Also, you could try to disable http textures, which you find in the Develop menu (enable in me->preferences->Advanced), and perhaps http inventory (although I don't think this will help). If there is no difference; you can enable http textures again.

- Luc -

Hi konaraven,

Welcome to Second Life Answers. I understand that after teleporting to some places you can't see much of the environment like walls, floors, right? First of all try to lower your graphic (Ctrl+P (Preferences)---> Graphic----> Low). Maybe someone else will have more ideas what to do. I would suggest also checking last graphic card drivers.

Hello konaraven. For me sounds like you have lag. You can't see floors and walls, means some textures don't load for you or have a big delay to load while you see everything else, and also it happens in most of regions, no in every region. Set by your preferences the graphic quality to medium and maybe to low and the draw distance lower and see it that helps.  The higher quality, performance and draw distance, the more information your computer will receive from the servers hosting the regions (sims) around you, so the longer the time your computer will need in order to upload everything you see around.

If things were fine before the update, I suggest the following:

Uninstall the viewer completely including manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData > Roaming and AppData > Local.

If AppData is hidden, you need to enable viewing. Follow the instructions for your OS here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74220

If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

Now download Second Life from the main download page and install it.

Log into the region Smith. If you can't change Login Location, tick the box 'Show on login' under Preferences > General > Login Location. Make sure you are in Advanced mode and not Basic prior to logging in. Allow your Inventory to load. Click the Recent tab to get this going. Once loaded, teleport to other destinations and see if the world is now rezzing properly. If not, refer back to us. 

I usually advise people to open Preferences > Setup tab and change 'Software updates' drop down menu to 'Download and install updates manually', as the automatic update process has caused problems for some. Unless you are experiencing problems a simple uninstall from the Start Menu > All Programs > Second Life should suffice before downloading and installing future viewer releases.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.