Isis Coy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A big hi !! I have a super problem, well really my sister does. Its been happening now for like 3 weeks and she has tried EVERYTHING (switching viewers, rebaking , even "RUTHING" HERSELF !!! OMG) but every time she tries to rez something it takes off her clothes and the item that she tries to rez takes the position of her clothes , she has been in sl for quite some time so she is not making the mistake of like "wearing" the item  and she has tried to rez meters away ( the items still take her clothes off)... can anyone please help she is so like bumbed what could be causing this !!! sadface 

Edited by Isis Coy
add extra things

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Isis Coy said:

A big hi !! I have a super problem, well really my sister does. Its been happening now for like 3 weeks and she has tried EVERYTHING (switching viewers, rebaking , even "RUTHING" HERSELF !!! OMG) but every time she tries to rez something it takes off her clothes and the item that she tries to rez takes the position of her clothes , she has been in sl for quite some time so she is not making the mistake of like wearing the item ... can anyone please help she is so like bumbed what could be causing this !!! sadface 

#1 - She is using "Wear" instead of "Add".  Wear is a 'replace' option'.  Always use 'add' to add items to your outfit.

#2 - She is trying to rez items to the ground but not dragging them far enough away from herself and thus they are attaching - default attach in that case is "wear" not "add".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isis Coy said:

A big hi !! I have a super problem, well really my sister does. Its been happening now for like 3 weeks and she has tried EVERYTHING (switching viewers, rebaking , even "RUTHING" HERSELF !!! OMG) but every time she tries to rez something it takes off her clothes and the item that she tries to rez takes the position of her clothes , she has been in sl for quite some time so she is not making the mistake of like "wearing" the item  and she has tried to rez meters away ( the items still take her clothes off)... can anyone please help she is so like bumbed what could be causing this !!! sadface 

Is she inside her home when this happens? 

• Like 1

If there are trees and such around..I know HPMD especially, they can interfere with rezzing since the take up more space than they appear to so you're not actually dragging it where you might think.  Has she also tried rezzing it while complete!y naked already?  No clothing OR attachments? Just to see if it still attaches to her.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isis Coy said:

@RowanMinx lort we just tried it and smae thing she is sad idk what to do this is tragic i think she is gonna have to submit a ticket 

One last question...is she using any rlv items such as a collar?  I believe restrictions can be set to disallow rezzing of objects.

Edited by RowanMinx

7 hours ago, Isis Coy said:

sadface 

I dont know if thats possible at all,  but maybe she is wearing a huge invisible prim, and whenever she tries to rez something, its rezzed inside that prim she is wearing, causing problems...
Hit CTRL+ALT+T to turn on visibilty of all transparent items. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I dont know if thats possible at all,  but maybe she is wearing a huge invisible prim, and whenever she tries to rez something, its rezzed inside that prim she is wearing, causing problems...
Hit CTRL+ALT+T to turn on visibilty of all transparent items. 

That's sort of what I was thinking.  Something interfering when she tries placing the item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.