MP Listing Disabled For Purchase?

Kytteh Wytchwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I placed an item into my cart. When I clicked check out, I got a message in orange lettering under the item name in my cart and the price of the item is gone. The message says,

"The merchant has made this item unavailable for purchase."

It's a demo for a Catwa bento head. How is it possible to disable a purchase but still have the listing up? Is this a new marketplace feature? I just released a new product in my mp store yesterday and I didn't see an option for disabling purchases. If you know how this works and why it's done, please answer. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
typing error
  • Like 1

I logged into my other account to test if I can purchase it from there. I was able to purchase it. I read in an old forum post when researching this issue, that there was a discussion about blocking consumers from purchasing from your store. One user said they would like to block if they are a risk to your business. I only create shapes. I haven't said nor done any action that is of ill will against the Catwa creator. I have purchased many heads from this creator. It's a random blocking on my account for no valid reason. Can anyone think of why this was done?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I logged into my other account to test if I can purchase it from there. I was able to purchase it. I read in an old forum post when researching this issue, that there was a discussion about blocking consumers from purchasing from your store. One user said they would like to block if they are a risk to your business. I only create shapes. I haven't said nor done any action that is of ill will against the Catwa creator. I have purchased many heads from this creator. It's a random blocking on my account for no valid reason. Can anyone think of why this was done?

If the creator has you personally blocked, then you'll be blocked from buying their MP stuff.  Only the store creator can tell you why or fix it if it was a mistake.  It might have been an accident - selected your name accidentally when updating their ban list.  Send them a notecard or IM from your alt asking about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the creator has you personally blocked, then you'll be blocked from buying their MP stuff.  Only the store creator can tell you why or fix it if it was a mistake.  It might have been an accident - selected your name accidentally when updating their ban list.  Send them a notecard or IM from your alt asking about it.

Oh, hadn't thought about it being an accident. Thank you for the tip. I'll contact her by notecard from my alt then. 

• Like 1

I decided to see if I were blocked by this creator and was able to have her name come up in search. Her account states to send messages only. When I sent my message to her, I got her busy auto response, stating I have been blocked. Also in this message, she talks about gossiping and rumors. I have never engaged in this type of behavior. So I am thinking she has me confused with someone else. The only communication I did during the Genus dmca discussion, is to ask genus customers in the genus store group, to not gossip in the chat group and take it elsewhere. I don't believe in pointing fingers at people, based on rumors. 

If she doesn't reply to my alternate account, I won't be able to get the redelivery, to have the HD update. Which means I'll be unable to make new shapes for the Catwa bento heads that I own. 

Hopefully she will look through her information to see that she clicked me by mistake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I shared my FB comment history via snapshots, to show proof that I didn't smear her name. I replied to a guy who was slandering her name and told him to stop spreading misinformation. She either didn't see my messages or she doesn't care. I'm banned for doing nothing. Maybe she banned everyone who commented on Anna's post about the 2nd dmca complaint. That wouldn't make any sense and punishing innocents is unfair.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 1:27 AM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I shared my FB comment history via snapshots, to show proof that I didn't smear her name. I replied to a guy who was slandering her name and told him to stop spreading misinformation. She either didn't see my messages or she doesn't care. I'm banned for doing nothing. Maybe she banned everyone who commented on Anna's post about the 2nd dmca complaint. That wouldn't make any sense and punishing innocents is unfair.

Eh, I've had one creator IM me to call me a 'scammer' and then block me because I dared to leave a review of their product that wasn't 5 star, so *shrugs*

Some people just like to shoot themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kesslan Saramago said:

Some people just like to shoot themselves in the foot.

Some are very temperamental as well. I had an issue with getting banned by a vendor for leaving a bad review. Ive noticed they haven't been at any of the recent events that they were previously apart of so Im guessing they have rubbed others the wrong way as well.

As for Catwa, I wouldn't concern yourself too much. I bought catwa on all my avies (4) a few years ago. Im not sure what they are now but they were 5k each back then. After a few years off SL I came back to realize catwa is exactly what it was 3 years ago, meanwhile there's like 3 or 4 heads currently better than theirs (in a couple instances they aren't even remotely close) at nearly half the cost.

• Thanks 1

@Kytteh Wytchwood, thankyou for your topic & questions, (my first reply here in this forum), sorry for odd letters :)

i experienced same as you and it was a creator that i loved & supported in a very hard time in her life, i was devostated really...

Atm i've started my own shop (just little now), and wondered, IF i would have someone mean or abusive in 'reviews', what to do (since i 'learned' the hard way it's possible).

It's difficult sometimes... many names... it's a horrible thing to do when one has treaded someone good...

Yeah... :s

On 10/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Imbolc Sirbu said:

@Kytteh Wytchwood, thankyou for your topic & questions, (my first reply here in this forum), sorry for odd letters :)

i experienced same as you and it was a creator that i loved & supported in a very hard time in her life, i was devostated really...

Atm i've started my own shop (just little now), and wondered, IF i would have someone mean or abusive in 'reviews', what to do (since i 'learned' the hard way it's possible).

It's difficult sometimes... many names... it's a horrible thing to do when one has treaded someone good...

Yeah... :s

I feel for you. 

The only thing I haven't done to get this resolved, is to contact her CSR. I don't know if it will do any good but asking her CSR to read my information about the random ban and that I did nothing...perhaps the CSR will have a good bedside manner and speak with the designer. If that were to happen, who knows what would be said between them. Perhaps Catwa doesn't open IM's when working and hadn't gotten to my messages. I can only make guesses at this time.

I did purchase one of her new hd pro heads on the alt I used to contact her with. I had tried gifting it to this account but was unable to do so.

I was surprised she hadn't also blocked and banned my alt as well, since I told her it's me. That's why I'm thinking she hadn't read my messages.

If she had, why didn't she give me the same treatment as this acct?

As for your question for reviews that are abusive:

Any type of harassment in a review should be reported. You can select hate speech. Wait at least 3 days. If the review is still there, submit a support ticket. Give a link to the product listing and ask them to read the review you flagged. Let them know you have reported the review but it hasn't been removed after 3 days. Hopefully the staff csr will then remove the harassing review.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much for your kind respons Kitteh, she dont have a csr, she is only owner & creator 😢

i totally understand your situation as well, its a bit scary to me...    maybe it's bc people dont mind or have enough customers i donno really i dont, i hope it works out for you, really, kind regards, Imbolc

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Imbolc Sirbu said:

thank you so much for your kind respons Kitteh, she dont have a csr, she is only owner & creator 😢

i totally understand your situation as well, its a bit scary to me...    maybe it's bc people dont mind or have enough customers i donno really i dont, i hope it works out for you, really, kind regards, Imbolc

Oh well. The thought of her having a CSR gave me hope. It feels like she took every single name from Anna's post and added to her ban list, even when I and they said nothing about her.

Edit: I meant, those who said nothing about Catwa, like myself and other people.

You're very welcome Imbolc. :)

1 hour ago, CocoNoir Nova said:

I KNOW THIS PERSON HAS ME BLOCKED AND I HAVE THEM BLOCKED I DIDNT REALIZE WAS THE SAME PERSON NOW I CANT GET THEIR STUFF OUT MY CART LOL AND IT WONT LET ME PURCHASE STUFF IN MY MP CART. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Well.... you don't really need to SHOUT at us, since we sure didn't cause the problem.

If the MP will not let you delete the items from your cart, contact LL Support.

• Like 1

I had my name blocked by a texture maker, because I misused her product, not out of bad faith but for lack of knowledge of the rules, she came to me making many threats, I just told her that I was sorry and that I wouldn't have to do it anymore scandal because I would remove the product from circulation she was offended and blocked me. I admit wrong but I am not a thief as I see many who make copies even of my textures and sell in the market and do not take punishment, I have already appealed to the law enforcement agencies to remove the store that stole the textures from me, but I never received an answer , I don't understand this attitude in the market. I made a mistake, I admitted the mistake but the saleswoman for emotional immaturity blocked me. Ok I accept but I don’t agree if it’s a law for one, it’s got to be a law for everyone, I’m not a threat to anyone

17 minutes ago, laserenissima01 said:

I had my name blocked by a texture maker, because I misused her product, not out of bad faith but for lack of knowledge of the rules, she came to me making many threats, I just told her that I was sorry and that I wouldn't have to do it anymore scandal because I would remove the product from circulation she was offended and blocked me. I admit wrong but I am not a thief as I see many who make copies even of my textures and sell in the market and do not take punishment, I have already appealed to the law enforcement agencies to remove the store that stole the textures from me, but I never received an answer , I don't understand this attitude in the market. I made a mistake, I admitted the mistake but the saleswoman for emotional immaturity blocked me. Ok I accept but I don’t agree if it’s a law for one, it’s got to be a law for everyone, I’m not a threat to anyone

Just like RL, life in SL is often not FAIR.  

Any creator can block anyone they want, for any reason they want.  Heck, someone could block you because your name starts with L.  Some are more mature than others,  All you can do is not dwell on the issue and go on with your SLife.  There are plenty of texture makers in SL, so losing access to one, isn't probably going to make it impossible for you to make things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.