Genus strong head - eyes won't blink

LunaThyme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm using the free Genus strong head, and I'm very happy with it!  The only problem I have is my avatar never blinks, which looks a bit weird.  I've tried clicking on the 'blinking' bit on the hud, but nothing happens.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can get my avi to blink?  The fixed stare is becoming a bit unnerving...👀

That's good to know, thanks!  At least that means it's not something I'm doing wrong - I haven't accidentally clicked something on the hud that I shouldn't, or forgot to click something I should.  And it's good to know I'm not the only one who is wandering around SL unnerving everyone I look at with an unblinking stare... 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LunaThyme said:

Thanks for replying.  I tried clicking on that to make sure the eyes aren't 'frozen' - the eyes are moving quite naturally, but she still doesn't blink!

My eyes that I purposefully "froze" move around in my head also BUT they no longer blink :D.    I am using the free STRONG head.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I have discovered, quite by accident, that a blinking AO (from Kalhene) worked just fine on my Genus head, without having to use the full-blown Genus animation AO. So try a different head's animation override, it might work.

Thanks for the suggestion!  The only other mesh head I have is a Genesis Lab one, so I tried the AO for that - and it worked!  She's blinking all over the place now...☺️

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

My eyes that I purposefully "froze" move around in my head also BUT they no longer blink :D.    I am using the free STRONG head.   

I tried it again - when I freeze the eyes, they don't move at all.  When I unfreeze them, they move.  Either way, she doesn't blink.  I wondered if it had something to do with my main AO, that maybe it was overriding the head AO, but even when I turn off my main AO she still won't blink no matter what I click on.  I've solved the problem for now anyway, as Vanity Fair's suggestion of trying an AO from a different head seems to work. ☺️

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)

Ive been asking in the group for weeks now and never got an answer so Im pleased to see this. I cant activate blink unless I use the moods which I find look a bit odd. In life we can stand with a resting face but we will always blink. Anyway good to know its a head thing and not me misunderstanding though why someone in group couldnt answer me I really dont know. I found if I activate a mood she will continue to blink even after I turn mood off. But then when I relog its gone again

*** finally  got the answer. Its called Brows Animation. Seems to me they need to rename that

Edited by Monroe Ghost
added information

There are some freebie/ cheap "blink only" AOs out there also; I used those on my Genus before I got a facial AO from Vista (the Genus moods also bugged me, plus they'd not stay on and I'd have to restart them)

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 5:57 AM, Monroe Ghost said:

Ive been asking in the group for weeks now and never got an answer so Im pleased to see this. I cant activate blink unless I use the moods which I find look a bit odd. In life we can stand with a resting face but we will always blink. Anyway good to know its a head thing and not me misunderstanding though why someone in group couldnt answer me I really dont know. I found if I activate a mood she will continue to blink even after I turn mood off. But then when I relog its gone again

*** finally  got the answer. Its called Brows Animation. Seems to me they need to rename that

it's actually supposed to be blinking & brows animation..  I always wondered why they didn't put blinking and brow right next to each other.. hehehe

That eye icon throws a lot of people off I think...

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.