Genus HUD won’t appear?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. I’m new to SL and have periodically been trying to get the hang of things. I saw that Genus recently came back and that they have a gift head, but I’m having trouble applying it. I’m trying to use it with a BOM skin, but when I put on the head and tried to add the HUD to enable its BOM feature, the universal HUD did not appear at all. I had no other HUDs on that could be blocking it, so I’m very confused as to why this is happening. I’ve been trying to get the hang of SL for a while now and am super exhausted, and for each new thing I seem to learn and understand, something new pops up to confuse the heck out of me lol. Any help related to this issue, as well as any tips for working with BOM heads/bodies/skins in general, is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Nanellia
  • Like 1
On 9/30/2017 at 8:12 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you are wearing the hud right click it in your inventory choose edit if the position arrows don't show up zoom out using your mouse scroll wheel or mouse pad if you are using a laptop and it can scroll zoom out enough and you'll see the hud just use the arrows until it get's in the box (where huds will show on screen)

From an older thread...Or

Right click one of your other HUDs and edit it, then use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out until you can see your Genus HUD, then you can select it and move it back to the correct position on screen.

Edited by RowanMinx

Could just be that the HUD is attaching off your screen.  In your inventory window, click on the item and then choose "edit" from the options.  Scroll the wheely thing out and it should make your screen look like this... 

0f1923be252ffc28d57ea7e4cb1500e8.png

Then just move it into the white rectangle for better placement of the HUD.  

21702041087e3e7ed4d9c5ffc29214d6.png

Edited by Jordan Whitt
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.