People have a right to thier own option.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't expect people to agree with everything I say. But I do expect  you to know that I have my own view on things.

I see people laughing and bashing other's for their own option of intelligence that the immature people are not liking these people comments its kind of childish to boring for them well they gonna have to grow up some time.  Like you can't say anything their that one person that all-way's have to be jerk but just let the post die.  Wish you all best rest of the day.

Edited by SurellaGardens
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SurellaGardens said:

I don't expect people to agree with everything I say. But I do expect  you to know that I have my own view on things.

I see people laughing and bashing other's for their own option of intelligence that the immature people are not liking these people comments its kind of childish to boring for them well they gonna have to grow up some time.  Like you can't say anything their that one person that all-way's have to be jerk but just let the post die.  Wish you all best rest of the day.

Is this the sock puppet from the other thread?

• Like 5

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.   I like nothing better than following a good debate, what ruins it is when people make it personal.   I can also agree to disagree with someone and not have to have it my way or have the last word.  Problem is that some like to have the last word and will keep going on and on.   You can state your opinion in a thread and move on, it is a choice whether you want to engage or not further with those that post other views and they are being jerks about it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SurellaGardens said:

I don't expect people to agree with everything I say. But I do expect  you to know that I have my own view on things. I see people laughing and bashing other's for their own option of intelligence that the immature people are not liking these people comments its kind of childish to boring for them well they gonna have to grow up some time.  Like you can't say anything their that one person that all-way's have to be jerk but just let the post die.  Wish you all best rest of the day.

Well everyone of course has their own opinion and all opinions can and will be criticized by other peoples personal views, that is a normal thing to happen.
You seem to be somehow affected by criticism but my advice to you is that you shouldn't.

Criticism (the way i see it) sometimes can be constructive and expand your thoughts and of course other times it's just hysteria and can be ignored. In both cases it helps you expand your thoughts and understand how other people think.

At the end of the day it won't affect your life in any way so just consider it "food for thought" and as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wisely said:
“I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.”
  • Like 3

One's entitlement to having an opinion does not trump everyone else's entitlement to choosing when and who to listen to. Random sock puppets on the Second Life forums whinging about how they're entitled to something, are people I personally don't give a whole lot of attention.

• Like 8

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  But in turn people are free to point out when that opinion has  no basis in fact or is any of the  -isms in a thin disguise. Nobody is entitled to not have their  opinions challenged. Because Opinions are not universal truths.

I find the most intelligent, mature and interesting people don't really need to shout it  from the rooftops. or try to tear others down. They merely prove it through their actions.

Sock-puppeting in order to moan isn't it.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion

Even it if's wrong....that's what I always get told about mine! 😅

if it's wrong....see what I'm talking about???

Edited by Tex Monday

On 9/12/2020 at 3:42 PM, SurellaGardens said:

I see people laughing and bashing other

Often it is because one person has blindly accepted what they hear on their favorite news channel, and think they are better than the people who have blindly accepted what they heard on a different news channel.

• Like 2

Probably my biggest forum pet peeve, beyond people who don't have opinions that they can clearly articulate, is folks who, when they read a post from someone who DOES have a strong opinion and is capable of articulating it, think that said articulation means the speaker doesn't respect the opinions of others.  I guess I learned how to do both (respecting other's opinions, and articulating my own) from a class I took in high school where after you debated with someone on a given topic, the next day you had to have the same debate, but take the other side's position.  This taught us respect for other viewpoints, how to articulate our views, and how to pick apart and analyze all views, whether our own or others, in search of the truth.  God bless you, Mrs. Miller, wherever you are.  One of the best classes I ever had.  Well, that and the Chemistry professor in college who liked to blow things up every Friday, but that's another story 😁

• Like 3

Some people have nothing better to do then bash they are not happy in real  they should go learn to love learn to love others . They come to the forum because it's their only way of their childs play   because they can't do it in real life but if it was in a world or chat group  they would be asked to leave or  for trolling and bashing and acting  like a 2 year old gets old after a while.   Know's ones perfect in second life some are still growing but some really need to  grow up  and get some therapy.  

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:42 PM, SurellaGardens said:

Actually no one has the "right" to anything. You're NOT entitled. No one is. Even if rules and laws state otherwise. Life is harsh. People can be harsh. It can be unfair. This is reality. This is online. It can happen. It WILL happen. Wake up to that very simple basic fact before proceeding any further. That you can and will be mocked, laughed at, insulted, verbally abused... Those that survive and endure the hard times, thrive. The rest? Better off without.

If someone is clearly not using their head and Choosing to be ignorant (some people really do choose that. It's moronic) I call the situation as I see it. They lack a brain. If someone complains and implies "I didn't bother even trying to understand you" then they're NOT trying to think things through. That is ignorance. That is stupidity if they can't even construct any kind of counter argument. I do my best not to mock it. EXTREMELY rare for that to happen with me. But if someone has a viewpoint of "Turn my back easily" I'm calling out bull***** of fearing the worst. Situations like that cause harm and danger. And is nothing short of foolish ignorance born from fear and bad past experience resulting in projections on the present (in other words they ignore context. Often out of fear). When someone says things are simple when they're clearly not, they're a simpleton. Simple. I respect people more when they admit it. They get smarter faster once they admit their own weakness. That is the only way to turn it into strength.

I can and will call someone weak in a "mocking" yet playful way. Which is different then someone laughing in your face and calling you pathetic. There's a difference. The way I do it it can help take the edge of. Get someone to admit their own weakness/inability. But if someone makes it only about JUDGEMENT instead of ones own weakness/flaws then that's another matter.

The issue isn't "mocking". It's "judgement". Of how people go "I see only the worst of you". That's the real problem.

The real issue though is how people CONTRADICT themselves and do EXACTLY what they look down on. I show NO mercy in these situations. You are what you complain about. You are what you hate. When you so previously looked down on me then looked in a mirror. Good luck with that. I believe that black guy in the show of "scrubs" phrase it best when challenging the other doctors (especially the mean one that mocks). He asked "What kind of sick and twisted person do you have to be to get your jollies off on the misery of others". But that's the thing. Those people that mock ARE miserable. And misery loves company. BUT I'M NOT A TARGET OR AN EXCUSE FOR THAT! Don't let yourself be either.

That's how you combat it. Make them look at themselves. Hold up a mirror and have them take a good long look into it. Point out how someone mocked you for "assumptions" and then go "You just compared me to your cousin dip*****". Point out someone that complains about whining then point out they're whining about whining (that's a lot of whining). When someone talks down on you THAT much they're getting back what they tossed at me. They're not just mad at ME, they're mad at THEMSELVES for sinking to that level. Make excuses to "just be human" and I'll give you a good example of why allowing yourself to be a judgemental out of control ***** is harmful after you done it. Not an excuse. Don't let "lack of control" happen. Control yourself. Or harm those around you. That simple.

Have an understanding nature with me and I won't have to call you out on your BS. Simple as. I give what I get. Baring ignorance and excuses. I'll always stick to logic. Even if they don't. It spares none. But that's the good thing about it. It doesn't take your side, it takes its own.

Edited by Taramafor

17 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

Actually no one has the "right" to anything. You're NOT entitled. No one is. Even if rules and laws state otherwise.

it is the rules and laws that create rights and entitlements. And these rights and entitlements are accepted and acted upon by those who are law abiding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it is the rules and laws that create rights and entitlements. And these rights and entitlements are accepted and acted upon by those who are law abiding

How naive. Believe it or not there are plenty of people that will happily stick the middle finger to the law and act on action and reaction and what is moral in their own viewpoints regardless of what the law states. And I'm stating a number of laws HARM people as much as keep them safe.

That aside, I repeat. No one is entitled. No one "owes" or "is owed" unless THEY decide that for THEMSELVES and THEMSELVES alone.

It's not about what's "right" or "wrong" even. That kind of narrow minded thinking is what creates a large number of problems. "Moral high grounds" is a losing game. It's about action and reaction. Why we affect each other. Why we hurt each other. Or heal. Rule and laws also get overlooked (for better as well as worse) a lot. Which can be a good thing when a situation calls for "What's this ACTUALLY about" instead of going "I'm in the right and I know it all". Get it now?

Additionally, some people get on a power trip and hide behind rules and laws as if that's an excuse. (which is really bothersome when someone sets a bad example for their own environment. Sometimes you can't even defend yourself with them or you get ""the ban hammer") It's not. It's about responsibility above all else. Why people do what they do, what their reasons are and how counter productive their actions can be. go up to them and go "You don't have the right" or "I have the right" and do you think that will make them listen? or does asking why go further?

Edited by Taramafor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.