Can a parent override LL TOS on minor dating adult?

I think I have been fed a lot of lies by this female minor. She told me today that her Mother spoke with LL staff, who saw nothing wrong with her daughter dating a man who is 3 yrs older than her. She also said he showed his real life ID to her to verify his age and also chats to him on cam. I did my research and found that it illegal for an adult to engage in any cybersex with a minor.

Her Mother also plays SL with her and they both frequent Moderate sims together and separately.

Did she lie to me or was she telling the truth?

I highly doubt it's the truth. 

I'd really like your feedback on this.

Not to say all furries are sexual, but she changed into a biped wolf avatar because this man is a wolf avatar. Normally she is an adult human avatar and other times she is a child avatar.

• Haha 1

if shes a minor shes not allowed in second life. you have to be 18 in real life to be able to access all and if shes 16-17 shes ONLY allowed on general regions. if she lies on sign up and is under 16 she should be reported. her mother have def not spoken with any linden lab staff and they would not say it ok its all a lie. I would AR all involved in this.

• Like 3

Thank you for replying. I felt like she was saying lies. She was talking a lot of smack to me because she was upset about me saying it's not right for this man to be interested in her and dating her. I showed concern and she retaliated against me. She was 16 when they met and she just turned 17 in either late August or early September, this year. So now that she is 17, he is 3 yrs older instead of 4. If he is truly 20 yrs old and if he showed her his real life ID. That one sounds far fetched and could be a lie to get me to not report. I've already sent in a report on each and included the real life Mother's username as well. I've taken screen shots of my chat with her and the man who is now her partner. He got angry and said he would report me for asking about his real life age. Yes, she told him about our conversation. Asking a question isn't breaking TOS. Giving the information to me, which she did, is breaking TOS. I've also mentioned that in the AR of him falsely reporting me as well. I had to block them both as they continued to purposely insult me, a lot of verbal abuse.

smells like drama, all around.

Second life would be so less stressful if everyone followed my simple "rule" from my profile.

"I'll believe everything  you tell me, but at the same time, won't believe a single word you say"

😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The thing you are taking most issues in (a 17 year old dating a 20 year old) is not a problem of the TOS, as far as I remember. What is TOS breaking is her lying about her age, when creating her account. But this all sounds like personal drama to me. Report her, if you think she is 17 and don't invest your energy in whatever else she is doing. Depending on where she is from, it might be perfectly legal for her to date this guy.

• Like 2

Legally, you have to be at least 16 to have an SL account.  If you are not 18/19, depending on where you live, you can only access General regions. 

Once in SL, any avatar of any age can DATE - and they can DATE avatars of any age.  Dating, in and of itself, does not have to include sex.

What is NOT allowed is for a child avatar to engage in sex or be in the presence of sexual activity in SL

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Legally, you have to be at least 16 to have an SL account.  If you are not 18/19, depending on where you live, you can only access General regions. 

Once in SL, any avatar of any age can DATE - and they can DATE avatars of any age.  Dating, in and of itself, does not have to include sex.

What is NOT allowed is for a child avatar to engage in sex or be in the presence of sexual activity in SL

And child refers to an avatar that looks under 18.  This is where I see people pushing the line.  I might think they look around 15/16 but they usually have to state in their profiles that their avatar is 18+.  Leads me to believe they know they look too young to be in that sex area.

• Like 4

Your view on teens is pretty skewed and man this was awful to read.

But this:

17 minutes ago, Christina Mysterious said:

Her mother for one will be held reasonable and teen could be banned just as her mom.

is just wrong. Accounts are banned on the basis if their owners violated the ToS or not. Her mother did not violate the ToS and LL does not apply a type of "clan custody" on accounts just because their owners are related.

1 hour ago, Christina Mysterious said:

If she is 16-17  anything under 18 still a minor on adult account big no no she still under age its against tos its not allowed. I caught person few years ago that pretending to be older they slipped I reported it. They will tell you Their age but try to cover up Their story and tracks. Best thing can do is report right away make a ticket so second life can take care of it. We don’t know the whole story yes some parents are not very responsible they then Their teens do what they want teens steal parents credit cards or Their parents are not looking in to it. The person they are with on second life could be a  predator telling her to say this stuff and helped lure in to adult account well this not safe and these weirdo’s will sweet talk them. That second life would have to make people do verification again as adult to filter this but some teens steal credit cards behind Their parents back or Their  parents don’t care the teen is doing things should not be doing its not allowed. Her mother for one will be held reasonable and teen could be banned just as her mom. Second life made in the united states you have to be 18 as adult does matter what country other country have laws just as here as we have to protect teens they still growing learning they should be outside bring teen not on game being  a adult. That guy is 20 does not matter she is still a minor if he lying about his age Their some that lie sweet talk could be older and a  A predator. Best thing to do not fight with with the teen because it could get worse  just report it so gets taken cared of.  

I agree with this think some might find it confusing because this also dealing real matter with sl in to the game it has to be done right its not a laughing matter this protecting kids and teens. Their are many unreasonable parents that allow this they just here for their own its all about me the parents should be held with abandon their teen for allowing it to even be adult that putting your teen in danger you never know who the person that she with even if the person is 20 or older they still a sicko or she lying to him we do not know the whole story. But all I can say that Mom is in some big trouble its child endangerment to allow her teen on her does not matter the laws are strict in the united states that teen can be taken away and mom can be locked up and guy can get locked up also. Let LL deal with it but safe this teen and report it.

Report  it right away. if they addmited they were the parent seem not to care this not cool.  17 is still is still under age even if they were 16 before but they are pretending to be adult on adult account her mother allowed her that mom gonna be thrown in the slammer this teen needs a better home and family. 

Edited by ShaydraPromise
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Elise Banx said:

if shes a minor shes not allowed in second life. you have to be 18 in real life to be able to access all and if shes 16-17 shes ONLY allowed on general regions. if she lies on sign up and is under 16 she should be reported. her mother have def not spoken with any linden lab staff and they would not say it ok its all a lie. I would AR all involved in this.

100% true 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, ShaydraPromise said:

Report  it right away. if they addmited they were the parent seem not to care this not cool.  17 is still is still under age even if they were 16 before but they are pretending to be adult on adult account her mother allowed her that mom gonna be thrown in the slammer this teen needs a better home and family. 

No one is getting thrown in the slammer ffs.  If bad parenting were cause for jailing people, I know a lot worse off teens who would be parentless.  It bothers me more that it's teaching that rules don't apply just because you don't like them or agree with them.  For all we know, all parties involved might be RPing.  Mother/daughter or whatever.  If the teen did say she was under 18 and in a moderate or adult area, this is pretty much all that you could AR them for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

And child refers to an avatar that looks under 18.

I thought that child avatar is an avatar which uses like, a child body? I mean, if you use maitreya, maitreya is an adult body so, isn't that one way of proving that your avatar is adult? 

8 minutes ago, shiviex said:

I thought that child avatar is an avatar which uses like, a child body? I mean, if you use maitreya, maitreya is an adult body so, isn't that one way of proving that your avatar is adult? 

I've seen a lot of avatars that look less than adult using the maitreya body.  Skin,shape, clothing, accessories mean more than what body is being used.  This is where they push the line.  They have a lot of the features of a young person, (people get confused when you say child), large eyes, chubby cheeks with a young looking skin, almost flat chested with no hips.  If you avatar looks 16, it's still a child avatar as far as the ToS regarding ***** is concerned.  

Since they censored my word for it........sexual activity with an avatar who appears to be less than 18.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 3

I think that the only two things that could be A/R'd as against TOS are:

- that you believe she is under 18 in RL - that she used an incorrect birthdate when creating her account 

- that you actually saw her involved in sexual activity in SL while in her child avatar (and/or because you have valid reason to know that she is under 18 in RL).

If you have proof for either of those two things above, report them and then move on, blocking them if you need to.

Everything else is just drama causing stuff which you would not be able to confirm unless you actually knew these people physically in real life, and may not even be against the law in real life unless actual sexual activity with a minor was involved.   

Edited by Moira Timmerman
added clarification
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

smells like drama, all around.

Second life would be so less stressful if everyone followed my simple "rule" from my profile.

"I'll believe everything  you tell me, but at the same time, won't believe a single word you say"

😆

It isn't on my profile but that is my approach.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

All of this sounds like roleplay to me.

And no, I don't trust OP's version.

It's not roleplay. The sim I live on, in a Bloodlines clan, the owner of the land/ king of clan allows real life mothers to bring their real life underaged teenagers to come into his Moderate sim. We also have a discord server and all the long time members of the clan know about her real life age. They also share real life pictures of themselves, including their babies/ young children. She may have posted a selfie of herself, I'd have to look. I wouldn't ask this in the forum if it were only roleplay. Just because you cannot believe a Mother would bring her teen to play with her, is your issue, but shouldn't be using your disbelieving opinion to make your opinion a fact of the situation. I've met many Mothers throughout the yrs who bring in their kids with them, those who are under the age of 13 as well. Allowing them to use an adult avatar. 

I noticed I didn't get an automatic reply about my AR's and there is no history of my tickets on the website. I've never had this happen so I don't know what it means.

This supposed 20 yr old man boasts about having sold 3 best selling albums as a musician. I thought that was roleplay in his profile until he shared an mp3 clip of him singing a few songs that will be released on his band's new album. His voice doesn't sound like a young man. I also googled his display name as many people will use a real life handle or even an gamer handle all across the web.

I found that part of the name is the name of a well known band, spanning across decades, and has toured with a famous 60s band.

Either he is a big fan or he is the 55 yr old lead singer of this band preying on young girls.

This is speculation on my part but the mp3 clip is solid proof.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
edited 70s to 60s. remembered the band was popular in the 60s/added in young children as photos are shared of them by their mothers on the discord server
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I noticed I didn't get an automatic reply about my AR's and there is no history of my tickets on the website. I've never had this happen so I don't know what it means.

You won't be updated on what happens after your report is treated due to privacy reasons.

• Like 1

As for her using a child avatar, she uses the toddleedoo avatar. She isn't the only person who is a child avatar on the Moderate sim. The others are over the age of 18 but there could be more minors on the sim who play as a kid, that I don't know, who could be a minor in real life. This minor, whom I have made a thread about, told me it's not only an adult clan and implied there are more minors like her in the clan/ Moderate sim.

added more info after the sentence," The others are over the age of 18 "
4 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

You won't be updated on what happens after your report is treated due to privacy reasons.

I didn't state update. I'm saying I didn't get the automatic robot reply that my ticket has been received. Also, the tickets i sent in, have been wiped from my ticket history. 

As far as this female minor I am writing about, giving me information it's not only an adult clan, which could be a lie or a fact, does indeed recruit teenagers like herself. One girl she brought in was extremely immature. She acted like she was age 13 or possibly younger. We heard the way she spoke on voice and her voice did sound very young but some adults can sound young. Although the mentality of her brain is how a child would think/ act. She also harassed the chief of the clan, for her to be his daughter and him to be her Dad. She was immediately told to leave the sim and hasn't been allowed back. I'm speculating the minor I'm writing about is luring in these teens and some could be younger than that. It's very common for children under the age of 13 and 12 to sign up for Second Life. They like how the game looks and want to play it. All I can do is report when I have valid proof that a user is a real life minor. It's up to Linden Lab to make their decision from there. It is however against the cyber laws to engage in sexual activity online through video and images, with a minor and adult. I don't know if she and this man have done anything sexual but she did state to me they go on cam with each other.

added in, "with a minor and adult"