Marketplace Purchases Premium Plus Reward Point System A Good Idea?

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Paulsian said:

Yah true but I don't have a premium member but prolly spent 100USD past week. Love the Gatcha resells. and so i'm wondering if by shopping can I earn perks. 

why you call your thread Premium Plus? That's the name used for a "soon" to come new premium package. Seems now you mean somthing totally different.

Many shops inworld already have the system you want, shop credits/rebates for returning customers. It's not usable between different stores obviously.. how would creators get paid when points will be earned from other stores.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Premium Plus has been shelved.

There is no schedule for release.

The web team have stated that it might be looked at again sometime in the future.

Source?   

I mean, I knew there wasn't a solid schedule for it, but some of the code that we assume is related has already been put into the viewer and Gumpity gave the impression that this was something they were pretty serious about after they deal with their current Server-to-the-Cloud project.

7 hours ago, Paulsian said:

Yah true but I don't have a premium member but prolly spent 100USD past week. Love the Gatcha resells. and so i'm wondering if by shopping can I earn perks. 

LL is simply the one "hosting" the MP and collecting fees from sellers for that. 

If you want rewards for shopping, look to the actual merchants you are buying from.  Logically, that is the only place shopping rewards should come from.

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

The web team have stated that it might be looked at again sometime in the future.

Oh, that's a shame. I want something that gives me a discount on texture uploads. If I got a Green Stamp after spending US $25 on the MP that entitled me to 100 free uploads, that would be great. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I need a source on that too!

But my expectations about how much more land I would get with Premium Plus is so high, Plus would probably not meet them.

I am only interested in more land, and perhaps more in stipend.

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Oh, that's a shame. I want something that gives me a discount on texture uploads. If I got a Green Stamp after spending US $25 on the MP that entitled me to 100 free uploads, that would be great. 

Green Stamp booklets were so much fun.  Saving up & getting something awesome.  I know they still exist in some areas but I’ve not seen them in decades..  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Source?   

I mean, I knew there wasn't a solid schedule for it, but some of the code that we assume is related has already been put into the viewer and Gumpity gave the impression that this was something they were pretty serious about after they deal with their current Server-to-the-Cloud project.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I need a source on that too!

But my expectations about how much more land I would get with Premium Plus is so high, Plus would probably not meet them.

I am only interested in more land, and perhaps more in stipend.

The source is LL's web team from various Web user group meetings. LL offers several user group meetings where users can ask the Lindens questions related what their departments are working on.

Here is a news article covering the Web user group meeting where the web team initially mentioned the feature being postponed in May.

Here is a news article covering the last Web user group meeting at the beginning of this month where the web team mentions the feature is still postponed.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

The source is LL's web team from various Web user group meetings. LL offers several user group meetings where users can ask the Lindens questions related what their departments are working on.

Here is a news article covering the Web user group meeting where the web team initially mentioned the feature being postponed in May.

Here is a news article covering the last Web user group meeting at the beginning of this month where the web team mentions the feature is still postponed.

Thank you, I had read the May blogpost from Inara Pey, but I was hoping the cloud uplift would go so fast that LL could have Premium Plus up late this year or early 2021. The September meeting had I not read about.

20 hours ago, Paulsian said:

is not a bad idea this on the surface.  Each month Linden gives us 10% of our L$ spend back

altho of course there will be WhyWeCantHaveNiceThings Resident who will buy heaps of stuff from their myriad cousins in the WhyWeCantHaveNiceThingsEither family

Well, lots of places have incentives, perks, deals, whatever. I think some stores in SL have their own rewards system. I don't know how difficult it would be for LL to implement something into the SL Marketplace. The only reason LL would spend the man hours to create such a thing is if it results in people spending more than they usually do because of the incentives.

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL is simply the one "hosting" the MP and collecting fees from sellers for that. 

If you want rewards for shopping, look to the actual merchants you are buying from.  Logically, that is the only place shopping rewards should come from.

maybe shopping perks towards tickets to exclusive events? 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

that's such a great idea feed the machine.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

is not a bad idea this on the surface.  Each month Linden gives us 10% of our L$ spend back

altho of course there will be WhyWeCantHaveNiceThings Resident who will buy heaps of stuff from their myriad cousins in the WhyWeCantHaveNiceThingsEither family

maybe a random gives away for random shoppers, earn cash back would be great.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

maybe shopping perks towards tickets to exclusive events? 

premiums already have a perk for events, if you want that... go premium

13 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

many shops/creators already give groupgifts.

The best way to get cash: find a job, or buy more L$

6 hours ago, Paulsian said:

Lots of stores do this already mostly you have to join a group often there is a fee some places give points, credits, & discounts no join needed some places i've shopped you have to spend L$X to qualify for an X% of discount 

On 9/12/2020 at 12:42 AM, Paulsian said:

Yes yes and a thousand time Yes!

Receive points or payback perks:  While it's nice in theory, I'd only like this idea IF the Linden's would give back a portion of their 10% rather than raise prices on the creator/builders.  I'm a builder; I work for peanuts, literally peanuts as it is as I cannot compete with the corporate sellers of SL.  So, if raised upon the creators, then no; if the Linden's or new owners want to give a portion of their 10%, then that's up to them, but don't put more on creators, we'd go negative peanuts.  If you don't make things for SL, you have no idea what creator's have to do - creator's have to be designer, texture artist, scripter, animator, marketeer, instructor (explain how to use the items), photographer, this list just goes on and on.  It's a lot of work and I mean a lot of work for literally peanuts.  Some of us "little people" do it because it's a hobby but we most assuredly cannot compete with the corporate sellers of SL nor have more money taken from us.  

There are perks all over SL, however as Alwin and other's are explaining in this thread.  Join ALL THINGS GACHAS inworld to find some amazing inworld yard sales you might like also - a lot of yard sales are 25 L for all for example except rares.  

p.s.  Use perhaps an alt for the group ALL THINGS GACHA as many yardsales are constantly being advertised and your IM'S will cap.  

Edited by FairreLilette

18 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Receive points or payback perks:  While it's nice in theory, I'd only like this idea IF the Linden's would give back a portion of their 10% rather than raise prices on the creator/builders.  I'm a builder; I work for peanuts, literally peanuts as it is as I cannot compete with the corporate sellers of SL.  So, if raised upon the creators, then no; if the Linden's or new owners want to give a portion of their 10%, then that's up to them, but don't put more on creators, we'd go negative peanuts.  If you don't make things for SL, you have no idea what creator's have to do - creator's have to be designer, texture artist, scripter, animator, marketeer, instructor (explain how to use the items), photographer, this list just goes on and on.  It's a lot of work and I mean a lot of work for literally peanuts.  Some of us "little people" do it because it's a hobby but we most assuredly cannot compete with the corporate sellers of SL nor have more money taken from us.  

There are perks all over SL, however as Alwin and other's are explaining in this thread.  Join ALL THINGS GACHAS inworld to find some amazing inworld yard sales you might like also - a lot of yard sales are 25 L for all for example except rares.  

p.s.  Use perhaps an alt for the group ALL THINGS GACHA as many yardsales are constantly being advertised and your IM'S will cap.  

I'd like model test cash so never have to leave this grid. off grid building space warehouse to chill and relax and create upload zillion test models until it's just right. Incentive to boost economy with new creations. marketplace is easy enough to list although some do complain the listing folder structer is bit much to take in and I still think mp earnings recevied is donated to list of vetted charities such as st judes childrens hospital. 

hence linden home offices fully furnished lets be real it's time to furnish the homes so people don't have to go gray and mental learning to place a fing fridge when they first start. the contents creation packs and mole gifts are lovely i use them all the time. I collected them all. but it would be so nice if a theme was semi furnished so users can learn quicker. 

Edit: Adult & Private a place to focus on beauty and creation for projects without toggling. To bring gifts to this world perhaps a privacy sandbox theme water and land and different combos. I miss Cape Florida and Reality Dance Paradise i can't find them. The poof. :( 

A simple model home starter kitchen a shower it's dirty out there sofa media on prim with sl youtube home page auto set. friends. bonds. (why not). ART and less stress. play test cash and space fueled by the market place rewards structure. Just idea. Shhh im a muse. 

Edited by Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.