i do not see anything anywhere that lets me edity avatar

RightSensible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm knew. I even went to the help section and it was utterly useless o me. it told me to click on the appearances/iventory button. it does not however have a screen shot or tell you WHERE to find it. i also cant seem to find how to go to or edit my profile information. i am so frustrated.

See my answer to your question in the Answers section. No need to make mulitple posts asking the same question(s).

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/I-want-to-change-my-avatar-s-appearance-i-dont-see-any-tab/qaq-p/889367

ETA: If you ARE using Advanced mode:

Editing clothing and body parts

You may edit any currently-worn clothing or body part on your avatar, provided that you have appropriate permissions on the selected item. To edit a piece of clothing or body part:

1. Click the My AppearanceMy Appearance tab to open the sidebar.
  2. Click the WEARING tab to view your currently-worn outfit.
  3. Click the Edit WrenchEdit Wrench at the top of the sidebar to enter appearance editing mode.
  4. Select a piece of Clothing or one of your Body Parts and click the corresponding Edit WrenchEdit Wrench to begin editing that item.
  5. Use the sliders to adjust the item's physical parameters to your liking, and, when available, choose a Fabric texture from your inventory or a Color/Tint from the provided swatch. When editing your avatar's Shape body part, you may choose its gender from the radio buttons at the top of the sidebar.

ETA II: There's a small icon in the original on this page, showing what the Appearance tab looks like (can barely see here):

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Editing-your-appearance/ta-p/700709#Editing_clothing_and_body_parts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.