Mystery banned word: CODEX

Elissa Taka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's a weird one. We were trying to list a gacha on our marketplace, the 03 CODEX_PS4, and it kept getting rejected due to restricted keywords. Ok, PS4 must be a restricted trademark word. We tried everything, removing PS4 from everything (including the product name), but it still wouldn't work. Finally I removed and recreated the listing and this time removed the word CODEX from the keywords. It worked!

Ok, understandable, CODEX might be a trademark word.. but this is where it get strange:

In the process I also noticed that I can't search in the Merchant Home -> Manage Listings for codex! (Or ps4 for that matter). If I search for 03 it comes up, but searching for codex (or any part of the word - code, cod, co, ode, odex, dex, etc...) returns nothing. 

Weird, huh? Mind you I'm not complaining - I understand LL's tenable position on trademarks (even though I don't agree with it). I just wish there was some better visibility on what's going on & why things happen. 

• Like 1

I did a search for Codex on the MP and found loads of Codexes, so your theory is incorrect. I prolly would have found even more if I had bothered to log in. 
Perhaps you should refresh your listing page in your browser, it may help.
Or simply leave out the word from your keywords, since your product can already be found by looking for the product name.

kGz0fGq.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

Ah, let me clarify. When I search the listings in the store manager inventory part, it doesn't come up:

cap1.png.6df061c97aaf05dddff6e28a55ee58d7.png

But if I search for 03 which is in the item name, it appears.

cap2.png.48c878fa9dbe0db19fae511217918439.png

Oddly too, if I search my store's home (i.e.: through the public marketplace like you did, but just in my store), the item comes up if I search for 03, but not if I search for codex. When I search the entire marketplace for codex, I do find products from other people as you have.

Weird, huh?

• Moderators

Greetings!

Please submit a Marketplace Support Ticket regarding this issue as it appears to be a bug. 

Codex isn't banned, as noted by the search results, and when searching your own listings through the Manage Listings page, any listings with that term should show up, if they do not, then there may be a bug or issue. 

Submitting the Marketplace ticket will allow us to escalate the issue to the Engineers for investigation. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.