Your favorite photo editing program?

On the PC, I used Photoshop until it became a subscription service and switched to Clip Studio Paint which is more an art program than a photo editor. I mostly use Procreate on an IPad which feels just like pencil on paper if you add a textured screen protector. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I just purchased a program to edit portraits (faces). The name is PortraitPro. 50 Euros. Demo available. Well, it is meant to edit real life pictures. But seems it works good with avatar pictures also. The first picture is the original. The second is edited with PortraitPro. Almost every part of the face can be edited and the hair too. See screenshot. No, I'm not affiliated with them lol. I found it while surfing the web. It is try worth I think.

Cherry.jpg

Cherry_pp.jpg

portraitpro.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I always use Paintshop Pro. For photos and mainly for manipulating textures. 
Photography (RL and SL) has been a bit on the back burner the last years and that for a guy who even had a black and white dark room a gazillion years ago (pre digital era).

Edited by Sid Nagy
The forums should be in Dutch, that would make it a lot easier for me.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I always use Paintshop Pro. For photos and mainly for manipulating textures. 
Photography (RL and SL) has been a bit on the back burner the last years and that for a guy who even had a black and white dark room a gazillion years ago (pre digital era).

I remember the times. My dream was to buy a Hasselblad one day. I never did because later I wasn't so much interested in rl photography anymore. It's not the program itself that I don't like Photoshop. It is their business model to sell licenses which have to be renewed. Though when Photoshop was sold as program, I couldn't buy it because it was too expensive. lol I like the PortraitPro because its almost 100 %  face related. There are some options to edit the entire picture. But only a few. And what's also good in my opinion is that the tabs and dropdown menus are easy to handle and to understand, when I compare it with Affinity and its very techical language for example.

Edited by Doc Carling
On 3/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Janet Voxel said:

I use GIMP with G'mic and Darktable addons. I'm trying to get into Ps, but I've been using GIMP for so long, Ps feels weird.

I am curious why you decided to try PS?

GIMP is is adequate for most things... so...