Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, not nihilistic at all.  This is minimalism carried to its ultimate peak -- concise and (I can say this with an almost straight face) to the point.  

Ah, but what is more minimalist than nothing? Nothing matters, period. >>> . <<<  See what I did there?

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Ah, but what is more minimalist than nothing? Nothing matters, period. >>> . <<<  See what I did there?

No, no, no ... You are looking through the wrong end of the telescope. We are witnessing the beginning of a new universe, the heart of an intellectual Big Bang.  The precise, finely tuned dot is not "nothing"; it is everything, compressed into a microcosm at the instant of its birth.  To view it as a nihilistic statement is to accept a "glass half empty" defeatist view, contrary to what the author is trying to express.  Her hearty, plucky little dot is a statement of hope, of untapped potential, ready to spring on us if only we give it room to breathe....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

No, no, no ... You are looking through the wrong end of the telescope. We are witnessing the beginning of a new universe, the heart of an intellectual Big Bang.  The precise, finely tuned dot is not "nothing"; it is everything, compressed into a microcosm at the instant of its birth.  To view it as a nihilistic statement is to accept a "glass half empty" defeatist view, contrary to what the author is trying to express.  Her hearty, plucky little dot is a statement of hope, of untapped potential, ready to spring on us if only we give it room to breathe....

I'm converted!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can symbols too! My favourite is this donut shaped C++ code that produces a donut:

k;double sin()
         ,cos();main(){float A=
       0,B=0,i,j,z[1760];char b[
     1760];printf("\x1b[2J");for(;;
  ){memset(b,32,1760);memset(z,0,7040)
  ;for(j=0;6.28>j;j+=0.07)for(i=0;6.28
 >i;i+=0.02){float c=sin(i),d=cos(j),e=
 sin(A),f=sin(j),g=cos(A),h=d+2,D=1/(c*
 h*e+f*g+5),l=cos      (i),m=cos(B),n=s\
in(B),t=c*h*g-f*        e;int x=40+30*D*
(l*h*m-t*n),y=            12+15*D*(l*h*n
+t*m),o=x+80*y,          N=8*((f*e-c*d*g
 )*m-c*d*e-f*g-l        *d*n);if(22>y&&
 y>0&&x>0&&80>x&&D>z[o]){z[o]=D;;;b[o]=
 ".,-~:;=!*#$@"[N>0?N:0];}}/*#****!!-*/
  printf("\x1b[H");for(k=0;1761>k;k++)
   putchar(k%80?b[k]:10);A+=0.04;B+=
     0.02;}}/*****####*******!!=;:~
       ~::==!!!**********!!!==::-
         .,~~;;;========;;;:~-.
             ..,--------,*/

Source: https://www.a1k0n.net/2006/09/15/obfuscated-c-donut.html

2 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I loved this movie. I need to watch it again. :) But I don't know what they were smoking.  No one I knew ever went into frenetic, bounce off the walls, head shaking dances from the funny cigarettes *we* had. It would have, at best, made  our heads hurt and spin. Ally Sheedy got it right at the end...

image.png.69ae81b2feb37060cc58f664b1646b34.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.