Trying to reconnect to SL after a long absence...

Sherman Ochs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just sorta curious about what sl was doing these days.  But I cant seem to connect anymore.  I tried uninstalling viewer and reinstalling, to no avail.  My account seems to still be there when I log into the website.  So what is the magic word for returning to SL after 15 some years.  Currently on win10 64 bit.  Thanks for any hints...  Sherman Ochs

2 answers to this question

@Sherman Ochs This here:

17 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I'm assuming "uninstalling viewer and reinstalling" included downloading the latest version of the viewer?   

This is a very important part. New versions of the viewer come out all the time with a frequency of about 2 new versions every 6 months (sometimes more, sometimes less) so if you are trying to log in with the viewer which you used back in the day, then that's doomed to fail. Too much has changed in SL and the old viewer versions (1.xx) simply can not function on SL anymore.
Therefore, do make absolutely certain that you really have the latest version of the viewer of your choice.

Note that the current viewer may not be up your alley if you liked the old 1.xx versions, in which case I can recommend one or two third party viewers which have that 1.xx feel. These viewers are officially acknowledged by Linden Labs, which should tell you that it's safe to use. (Just in case you were to distrust third party viewers)

P.S. Welcome back! 

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
typos fixed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.