Can't change environment

Vha2the Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since I've upgraded to the latest Phoenix viewer (.1102) I've encountered a few bugs that I guess was thought to be fixed. 

1) I can't change my environment whenever I want.  After several attempts of going through the stages of changing it, nothing happens.

2) I can't detach, drop, or delete items that are being worn.  I always have to log off then back on to remove it.

3) My clothes do not rez for others when they see me.  I see myself fully dressed, but the do not.  Some say it's lag, but it isn't, because lag doesn't take as long as I waited for it to rez, which was never till I logged off and back on.

4)...thinking... 

Does anyone have a solution to the fixes?

2 answers to this question

It is strange because the latest Phoenix viewer seems remarkably improved and stable to me. I would suggest you desinstall Phoenix completely from your computer (including the preferences in your system), then download again the new full viewer from Phoenix website. At first launch, wait till your inventory is fully loaded, then clear the cache, quit and login again. The problems you mention should be fixed.

Your having several odd problems. The environment and clothes are not related parts of the viewer.

The first thing to try is rebooting your computer and DSL/cable modem. Clear the viewer cache and then try logging in. If that fails to solve the problem...

As suggested, remove your Phoenix Viewer. Run the unisntall program. Then manually clear the cache and settings. You will find Phoenix folders in C:\Program Files\ and C:\users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\. The need to be deleted. The file C:\users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings_phoenix.xml needs to be deleted too.

In the Roaming folder are chat logs and other stuff. Several viewers place files in this folder path. Pay attention to what you delete. The Roaming folder has the settings file, which is often a source of problems. Sometimes just deleting it and restarting can solve problems. All the files in the Phoenix folders need to be deleted. 

Before installing Phoenix, reinstall an SL Viewer 2. This will place any missing files into your system. Then install Phoenix.

If your Phoenix is still not working, you may need to do a clean install. Read through Second Life Clean Install and see if you have done all the steps to fix the problems without a clean install. If you have then there is nothing left but to go for a clean install. The article gives detailed steps for mult-viewer uses that SL and Phoenix leave out.

You will likely have better luck if you reboot the computer each time you run  into viewer problems. Then start the next fix and retry in a fresh computer.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.