Rezzing prims on mainland property

mansoor50

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.....my partner rented property on Brazos. for the past week we have been having issues ib rezzing. right now, the issue is that when we rez a prim  from the build menu, that prim is phantom! even tho the phantom checkbox is unchecked!

i rez normally at firestorm and other sandboxes so i know there is an issue with the parcel.

we were hoping that the restart this week may solve the issue but id didnt.

If a Linden is listening...cd you please have Brazos restarted?

for others...can you guide as in what cd be the problem and if i can correct it at my end

Regards

Mansoor

• Like 1

This is indeed unusual. Existing objects are fine, so physics isn't turned off for the whole sim, but newly-rezzed stuff has no physics at all.

To get a Linden's attention to this, you'll want to file a "Land & Region" / "Region Offline" support ticket... actually, while I was on the page I filed one already. Maybe they'll fix it before Live Chat is open (6am to 2pm PST), but if not, you might want to try that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

This is indeed unusual. Existing objects are fine, so physics isn't turned off for the whole sim, but newly-rezzed stuff has no physics at all.

To get a Linden's attention to this, you'll want to file a "Land & Region" / "Region Offline" support ticket... actually, while I was on the page I filed one already. Maybe they'll fix it before Live Chat is open (6am to 2pm PST), but if not, you might want to try that.

thank you!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Unusual, but happens more than you'd expect, I usually run into it in "stuffed" sims that haven't been restarted for more than a week, then my car gets broken instantly when entering the sim. The other one is when you try to rez something and get an error message "Cannot create new object, because the object has caused problems in the region." (or something like that) Perfect indications of a broken sim, so far a simple restart, in the worst cases a host change, always resolved those.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AlettaMondragon said:

Unusual, but happens more than you'd expect, I usually run into it in "stuffed" sims that haven't been restarted for more than a week, then my car gets broken instantly when entering the sim. The other one is when you try to rez something and get an error message "Cannot create new object, because the object has caused problems in the region." (or something like that) Perfect indications of a broken sim, so far a simple restart, in the worst cases a host change, always resolved those.

i was getting those messages! and my boat could not get into my parcel either. i have requested a restart. lets see...BTW...what is a host change and can LL do it upon request?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mansoor50 said:

i was getting those messages! and my boat could not get into my parcel either. i have requested a restart. lets see...BTW...what is a host change and can LL do it upon request?

Yup, if you file a support ticket as Qie suggested (and did), or contact live chat support, and ask them to do it, they'll do it. It's just restarting the sim on another host server. They usually do it without asking when things like this issue occur, especially if it occurs more than once in a short time.

• Like 1

Seems to be fixed now. Brazos was restarted 20 mins ago.
From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like Bravos had run out of allocated memory.
This causes new prims rezzed via the build tool to have no physics & attempting to wear or rez scripted items from inventory will give the error "Unable to create item  that has caused problems on this region"
See BUG-772 - Simulator refusing to rez objects after 10 hour timeframe

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, mansoor50 said:

Hello.....my partner rented property on Brazos. for the past week we have been having issues ib rezzing. right now, the issue is that when we rez a prim  from the build menu, that prim is phantom! even tho the phantom checkbox is unchecked!

i rez normally at firestorm and other sandboxes so i know there is an issue with the parcel.

we were hoping that the restart this week may solve the issue but id didnt.

If a Linden is listening...cd you please have Brazos restarted?

for others...can you guide as in what cd be the problem and if i can correct it at my end

Regards

Mansoor

I see this more often than I should. I kept falling through floors last night that weren't on phantom.

I kept checking linked items, because anything phantom linked will infect the next thing and make it phantom, but nope.

And I see another thing, related or not, where half a room disappears. This is not because it's straddling a sim (that is one reason that phenomenon happens). This is not because it has old alpha textures from 2005. It's something else. It's not -- please God do not tell me this advice one more time or I will scream -- the Render Volume not being at 4. It's something different.

Yes, re-sets cure it. But never permanently. Some sims I have to ask to be reset once a week to cure these ghosty things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.